Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
Today, Cobalt helps secure hundreds of leading companies like HubSpot, DocuSign, and Credit Karma by connecting them with on-demand pentesting experts. The application brings both sides together to identify, triage, and fix vulnerabilities. Our technology has been battle-tested by thousands of users.
What’s next? Cobalt is growing our new Customer Experience (CX) team, Foundations, which drives forward all things Auth - authentication + authorization (or authn + authz if that’s your thing) — all the access controls, settings, managing users, Audit Trails and features that make Cobalt an Enterprise-grade security platform.
What You'll Do
- Work in a remote-first, globally distributed engineering team.
- Make an impact as we build the best Pentest as a Service Platform.
- Be an active member of a cross-functional product development team that frequently interfaces with business stakeholders.
- Consistently deliver high-quality features and functionality.
- Review specifications and work with PMs and Designers to drive sprints.
You Identify As
- Team-Player. You collaborate with other engineers and the Product team (PMs, Designers) daily to deliver high-quality features on time and identify ways to continuously improve how you and your teamwork
- Technical-Interface. Not only internally, but with customers and other stakeholders, you’ll help others understand technical complexities and opportunities in terms they’ll understand
- Backend-Focused. You're familiar with SaaS-focused modern backends, API development, SQL, working primarily in Ruby.
- 2+ years development experience
- Experience with Ruby
- A high comfort level within a remote-first global company
- The ability to communicate effectively in an asynchronous environment
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Experience with RESTful API design and implementation
- Exposure to cloud architectures — we’re on Google Cloud
- The ability to build scalable, maintainable, and performant production code
Bonus If You Have
- Experience with React and modern frontends
- Experience designing and building a public API
- Experience with Infrastructure, K8s, GCP
- Exposure to the cybersecurity industry or knowledge of best practices
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US-East/Central
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary