Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
This person will be responsible for managing all People Ops functions including onboarding, employee performance & development, employee relations, and nurturing & developing the company culture.
This person must have the ability to think strategically coupled with the willingness to roll up their sleeves and act tactically when necessary. An unrelenting focus on the customer and employee experience, a proven ability to innovate and simplify, a bias for action and the capacity to conduct and leverage comprehensive root-cause analysis when building business cases or influencing decisions are requirements for success in this role.
What You'll Do
- Develop appropriate HR and administrative policies, programs, processes and systems to support a growing organization
- Build strong relationships and act as People team point of contact to support employees and managers.
- Partner with and coach managers on performance management, feedback, and employee development.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Identify, root cause, and drive continuous improvement for key People Ops processes.
- Support the annual HR talent management cycle relating to Talent and Performance Management, Compensation Management, Succession Planning, and Leadership Development for the organization
- Manage, mentor and coach members of the People Operations team
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of People and other members of the People team, on all People related initiatives
- 5+ years of experience (preferably roles in Tech companies, working in a fast-paced/startup environment).
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- High attention to details and multitasking skills.
- A ‘can do attitude’ and result-oriented.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary