Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
As the Group Manager of Product Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring the broader Product Development team is operating at a high level. You are a key member of the Product and Design leadership team, working directly with product management, design, engineering and many other cross-functional teams. You will manage a team of product operations managers, recruit and retain world class talent, and grow the careers of the existing team members.
Through building strong connections with our go to market teams, you'll ensure communication and launch of our latest product releases are done in a timely manner. You will identify and create necessary processes and procedures to remove friction points in team and cross-team collaboration. Your main mission is to ensure that teams have the process, tools, and resources to execute in a manner that enables quality at speed.
Your team will empower Cobalters with product knowledge, ensure a tight product feedback loop, and coordinate smooth, high-quality feature launches. This role is highly cross-functional and will be a critical lever for us to deliver more value to more users, faster. By nature you are an excellent communicator.
This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
What You'll Do
- Serve as “Chief of Staff” for the CPO, attending key product management meetings and helping to ensure execution of Product team decisions.
- Be the point of contact for meetings outside the team such as Company All Hands meetings.
- Collaborate on the team’s vision and mission with the CPO and Sr. Director of Product and educate/communicate cross-functionally.
- Own and manage key meetings such as product leadership meetings, team meetings, and launch readiness meetings.
- Own the definition, documentation and execution of our product management and design processes, treating them as a product.
- Ensure key internal documentation/artifacts such as the product roadmap is updated and communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and drive discipline around the processes for user betas, launches, global rollouts and migrations.
- Ensure user-facing teams are ready to support new products by identifying and driving necessary processes and documentation (E.g., internal training, sales playbooks, technical support documentation, resolution paths, FAQs, etc).
- Ensure product teams have the right tools and data required to prioritize the most important items to work on.
- Define, set up, manage, and optimize any non-technical processes to help the larger product development team meet its goals more efficiently with scale in mind.
- Build a great product operations team by identifying talent needs, recruiting and hiring.
- 7-10 years of work experience in product operations, product management, program management or operational roles that are highly cross-functional in tech.
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong project management experience in executing cross-functional projects, exceptional organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- A passion for delivering an outstanding user experience.
- Experience working with global team members.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary