Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
What’s next? We’re seeking a Director of Strategy who will report to Caroline Wong, Chief Strategy Officer, and work closely with Cobalt’s Executive Team.
This role will be responsible for identifying strategic opportunities and growth vectors in the cybersecurity market. It requires a dynamic understanding of the fast-changing, high growth pentest market and adjacencies. The ideal candidate may have been in an M&A, Corp Dev, or management consulting role previously.
This is a “think and do” high impact role, responsible for conducting original research & analysis and building business cases & rationale. These deliverables will inform strategic direction and positioning for the company’s future investments in people, offerings, infrastructure and go-to-market.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain up-to-the-minute knowledge of the pentest market and the adjacent broader cybersecurity market landscape. Build a methodology, framework, and metrics for Cobalt to assess market position in a fast-changing, high growth market.
- Perform technical and business due diligence. Analyze fundamental sector, industry and company data including financial, business, and competitive factors for relevant market players.
- Develop original analysis, insights, and recommendations as to how to best capture new and adjacent markets (build, buy, or partner options). Provide thought leadership by preparing briefing documents and executive slides to support key strategy decisions and communications.
- Contribute positively to Cobalt culture and live our values.
- 5+ years of experience at a startup, investment bank, venture, or an MBA. M&A or Corp Dev background preferred.
- Exceptional decision making instincts, strong analytical skills, and highly self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Strong bottom-up fundamental approach to research; exhibit a high individual standard in work output.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment.
- Experienced and credible in building valuable relationships with senior leaders & decision-makers.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary