Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to help Cobalt's customers build successful security testing programs. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a proactive mindset who can effectively engage with multiple external and internal stakeholders ranging from individual contributors to C-level executives. As a Customer Success Manager, you will oversee the lifecycle from onboarding to renewal to ensure an optimal end-to-end customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Own the overall relationship with assigned customers, which include: Increasing adoption, ensuring retention and maintaining high customer satisfaction
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned customer and drive continued value of our products and services
- Develop, prepare and nurture customers for advocacy
- Build successful security testing programs for our customers
- Monitor day-to-day service execution and customer satisfaction
- Work with customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their desired business outcomes
- Manage the annual renewal process for customers to ensure uninterrupted product usage
- Work to identify and/or develop upsell opportunities, collaborating with your commercial team peers.
- Advocate customer needs and issues cross-departmentally
- Provide ongoing training of our products and new features
- Program manage account escalations and resolve them in a timely manner
- Engage with external and internal stakeholders in roles ranging from individual contributors to C-level executives
- Develop Success Plans for every assigned customer and hold Executive Business Reviews with key stakeholders to measure progress and alignment on key objectives/goals
- 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in SaaS and/or cybersecurity
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging with C Level Executives
- Prior experience owning customer renewals
- Ability to work closely with sales counterpart to identify expansion and grow customers
- Able to work Asia Pacific Time Zone on occasion
- Ability to prepare and deliver Executive Business Reviews
- Experience with Salesforce
- Multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities on-the-fly
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A proven track record of delivering results to your customers
- Drive, no one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are
- Eagerness to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you love to collaborate and innovate
- Ability to thrive in a distributed and fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to help and serve our customers: They win, so you win!
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cobalt provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cobalt is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cobalt
Gender diversity (male:female)
USA, Germany, UK
What employees are saying
"Part of the reason why I joined Cobalt was the flexibility – being able to work from home, take care of my dog, run errands, and also unplug after hours was important to me, and everyone at Cobalt gets it."
Anonymous Cobalt Employee