Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
Do you like to create and lead industries? Then this role is for you. We are looking for an experienced and execution focused Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) who is a respected leader and coach. You will design, implement and oversee overall marketing strategies that align with our business goals today and act as a major contributor to Cobalt’s overall vision and strategy for the future.
You not only have experience at high-growth B2B companies, but you’re able to own all areas of marketing to include, demand generation, marketing communications, branding, and channel marketing. As a member of Cobalt’s Executive team reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for the company’s core marketing strategy and will share the responsibility to drive growth.
What You’ll Do
- Create and drive Cobalt’s positioning as a leader within the PtaaS industry
- Establish rapport with executive leaders, board members, analysts and influencers
- Develop marketing goals and objectives that align to overall company strategy for both short-term and long-term optimization
- Align with functional marketing leaders to determine and track KPI’s
- Establish operational cadence
- Analyze Cobalt’s marketing strategy and develop the context of “how has this evolved” to “where we need to go”.
- Possess balance of organizational leadership skills, with the people skills to empower and unlock the potential of the team
- Will not be a CMO who just knows how to spend their way to success, rather one who is innovative, resourceful and willing to experiment
- 15+ plus years’ experience within high growth B2B and SaaS organizations; (cybersecurity domain experience strongly preferred)
- Prior experience leading/owning product marketing, demand generation, or other GTM functions such as Sales or Customer Success
- Creative, growth mindset, speedy, innovative, fail fast mentality
- Strong understanding of Demand Generation and top of funnel marketing
- Strategic thinker with excellent product marketing expertise
- People-first leader who can recruit and develop excellent Marketing talent
- Ability to understand the changing dynamics of Marketing and when to invest in brand, drive pipeline or collaborate with product
- Alignment to Cobalt’s Values
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Take the opportunity shape the path of a category defining disruptor
- To Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cobalt provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cobalt is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cobalt
Gender diversity (male:female)
USA, Germany, UK
What employees are saying
"Part of the reason why I joined Cobalt was the flexibility – being able to work from home, take care of my dog, run errands, and also unplug after hours was important to me, and everyone at Cobalt gets it."
Anonymous Cobalt Employee