Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
What You'll Do
- AR: Monitoring and maintaining customer activities, ensure timely collections of outstanding AR and payments to vendors
- Daily support the sales and customer service team in their requests
- Manage the Accounts Receivable Billing and Collection Processes
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of invoices
- Ensure high-quality collection processes and procedures
- Ensure efficient and accurate cash posting processes and procedures
- Serve as a resource for all billing, collection and cash posting issues
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedure documentation
- Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are mitigated
- Driving process improvements and contributing to Cobalt’s transformation projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, reducing manual touch points.
- Designing and implementing operating procedures, policies, internal controls, and workflows to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operational accounting.
- Working to improve our Finance Operations efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in business / finance / accounting.
- 2+ years working with accounting, controlling and/or finance operations
- Experience working with external advisors (accounting & tax firms) to ensure compliance reporting
- Familiarity with Google Suite and/or MS Office
- A bias for action. You thrive in an environment that changes fast. You are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and get the work done yourself, if needed
- A mind for business value and connecting pieces to broader strategic context
- Fantastic organization skills
- Eagerness to learn a lot of new skills fast
Bonus If You Have
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience with US GAAP compliance, 606 is a plus
- A CPA license, public accounting and SaaS revenue model experience is a big plus
- Experience at a tech startup
- Background at an international accounting firm
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary