Senior Solar Project Coordinator
Services & Solutions – Dublin Based
Reporting to: Solar Operations Manager
Bord Gáis Energy is one of Ireland’s leading energy and service companies. We supply gas, electricity, and energy services to over 700,000 homes and businesses across the country, offering excellent customer service as well as the best value possible. Bord Gáis Energy is uniquely positioned to drive positive change and we have an opportunity, as well as a responsibility, to reshape our future. While there are challenges ahead, we are committed to supporting our consumers and colleagues, to rethinking power generation, and to supporting an affordable and fair transition for all.
As Senior Solar Project Coordinator you’ll act as deputy to the Solar Operations Manager as required and lead to the other project coordinators, managing and allocating the scheduling, project coordination, and technical support activities across the full solar offering. You’ll also work closely with customers, external installation companies, supply merchants and internal designers. You’ll be a collaborative team leader and problem solver, with the ability to work with a wide range of key stakeholders both internally and across the wider industry.
About the Role
- Act as deputy to the Solar Operations Manager as required
- Lead the project coordination activities, scheduling, and allocate workload
- Coordinate multiple nationwide end-to-end delivery of projects, including safety management, contractor management, project pipelines, and delivery of completed projects on schedule
- Conduct desktop survey and assist in preparation of initial quotation
- Coordinate and manage schedules for site surveys, deliveries, installation, and callout
- Prepare and present detailed post survey proposal options to customer via video calls
- Generate PV system output estimations via PVSol software
- Perform wind and snow loading analysis for every project
- Prepare Bill of Materials
- Manage, coordinate, and monitor equipment procurement, materials, supplies, and deliveries
- Mitigate, troubleshoot, and resolve any installation challenges faced by install crew
- Coordinate all operational solar programming activities and ensure all required documentation has been obtained and properly stored
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 post installation technical support
- Support the Solar Operations Manager and wider services and solution team to ensure that the Company’s objectives are met
- Ensure all activities and conduct adhere to established contractual guidelines
- Support any work required to secure planning permissions and grid connections
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Experience managing/coordinating projects in the solar industry
- Demonstrates initiative, with strong organisational skills and track record of delivering results
- Excellent and proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet time critical deadlines
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Well-developed writing, presentation and advocacy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
Bord Gáis Energy are committed to placing equality, diversity, care and respect at the heart of our policies and everyday practices. We encourage everyone to take part in our active employee networks, including the Women's network, REACH (Race, Ethnicity, & Cultural Heritage) network, Neurodiversity network, and BRÓD, our LGBTQ+ network. We're proud of the work our networks and allies do to help us promote a culture of inclusion, empowering our colleagues to be themselves and do their best work. Our vision is to employ a diverse mix of people who reflect the societies we work in and the customers we serve, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Our Flexible First working model empowers our people to find a better balance between home and office working. You can enjoy the convenience of working from home combined with time spent onsite in a way that works for you, our customers, and our business. Our office is used as a place to connect and collaborate with colleagues, rather than your default place of work each day.
Here in Bord Gáis Energy we’re helping to create a more sustainable and inclusive future that supports our communities, our planet – and each other. The prevention of family homelessness in Ireland is an area where we believe we can make a real difference and through our partnership with Focus Ireland, we have been working on making this a reality since 2015. We encourage all colleagues to get involved in the partnership, with everyone receiving 2 days' volunteering leave to participate in initiatives or events supporting Focus Ireland.
care | delivery | collaboration | agility | courage
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 23rd of November 2023.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull