Centrica are going through an exciting period of change. We’re evolving to become a truly purpose-led organisation, helping millions of customers to live more sustainably, simply, and affordably. We truly believe that we have a huge role to play in helping the nation to cut carbon emissions and prepare for a net zero future, and it’s a role we are immensely proud of.
An opportunity to play your part - As the successful Principal Integration Engineer, you will be at the forefront of driving the design, development, and maintenance of integration solutions that facilitate the smooth exchange of data and communication between the various software applications and systems. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring that these integration processes are not only efficient and reliable but also capable of scaling to meet the evolving needs of the business. Collaboration with cross-functional teams will be a cornerstone of your work, as you work in tandem to achieve overarching business objectives. In this role, you will be a pivotal figure in bridging the gaps between software systems, enabling business unit to function seamlessly and achieve their goals.
Day to day
- Develop and implement a comprehensive integration strategy aligning with organizational goals and the technology roadmap.
- Architect integration solutions, choosing integration patterns, protocols, and technologies, ensuring scalability, flexibility, and maintainability.
- Lead the development of integration solutions, write code, configure middleware, and create APIs, following coding standards and best practices.
- Design data mapping and transformation logic for seamless data exchange, handling validation, cleansing, and enrichment.
- Manage and optimize APIs for security, performance, and versioning, implementing API gateways and monitoring solutions.
- Develop and execute testing strategies, including unit, integration, and end-to-end testing for reliable integration solutions.
- Maintain detailed documentation, including architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams, API documentation, and technical specifications.
- Implement monitoring and alerting systems, optimizing integration processes for performance and efficiency.
- Implement security measures like authentication, authorization, and encryption to protect data during integration, staying updated on security best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, understanding integration requirements and priorities from software developers, business analysts, and project managers.
- Manage relationships with third-party integration service providers and vendors, evaluating and selecting third-party solutions when needed.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior integration engineers, acting as a technical leader and advocating for integration best practices within the organization.
What is in it for you
- Competitive salary and bonus potential.
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap.
- Pension scheme.
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan.
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull