3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
carwow is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product organisation in London.
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 300 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
carwow’s Product Organization
carwow is scaling rapidly. Our product organisation currently includes 9 product squads and we are looking to expand to 11-12 in 2022. This growth will allow the expansion into different products and adjacent markets, which is one of our key strategic pillars for the next 2-3 years. Additionally, we have expanded our Platform tribe, creating 2 squads (Automotive Data and Analytic Infrastructure).
As Senior Product Manager for Data engineering & Core APIs you will be part of two Platform squads. The mission of this tribe is to empower carwow to deliver great customer and partner experiences by providing automotive, pricing and analytics data that is reliable, consistent and usable.
The scope of these teams are:
- Automotive Data Team: Responsible for core automotive data APIs and data importers that support all product teams across carwow
- Data Analytics Infrastructure: Data engineering team working close with the Analytics and Data Science team by improving and managing data pipelines to feed data for business analysis and marketing optimisation
You will be working very closely with product squads in the consumer and commercial side, our Analytics & Data Science team, our CTO and our Chief Product Officer, along with other relevant parts of the business.
This is a perfect role for someone who is passionate about working with talented engineers to create great products through scalable technologies.
- Strategy: Create an exciting product vision and strategy for our Platform tribe
- Stakeholder management: Work with other product squads and the Analytics & Data Science team, seeking the right input to prioritise work for the teams, to empower product squads and analysts
- Communication and alignment: Ensures all people involved (product leadership, tech leads of other teams, analytics and data science leadership) are aware of the team strategy, initiatives, priorities and progress
- Influence: Builds relationships easily to empower the squad to achieve the desired outcome often by influencing the opinions of others often outside of your team
- Impact driven: Align the team around the outcome they are working towards and is able to prioritise effectively on multiple dimensions
- Set up team for success: Create an environment that allows the team to get the best out of all the people in their squad by helping provide wider context, giving clarity on goals, supporting and setting processes for the team to collaborate effectively
- Measuring success: Proactively identifies metrics to track and measure customer and business benefit. Works with stakeholders to implement the right metric and track it amongst the wider product team
- Documentation: Ensure that technical documentation and implementation details are accurately communicated throughout the relevant teams and that relevant tools and sandboxes are available to support the consumers of our products
Build vs Buy: Help identify necessary and/or desirable third-party technology to evaluate and select vendors. Together with technology teams evaluate potential partner relationships
- Relevant degree or equivalent demonstrable experience in technical product management, working with APIs, microservices, automation and data pipelines
- You have an outstanding ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems
- You are keen to understand problems, before jumping into solutions
- You're highly analytical and used to using complex data to make decisions.
- You're forward-thinking, ambitious and a great communicator
- You're great at prioritising and not afraid to say no
- You love working autonomously, but you are able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style
- You excel at managing stakeholders, while also confident in voicing your own opinions and challenging others
- You have significant experience working with data engineers, data scientists & data analysts
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.