3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
carwow is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product organisation in London.
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and we're very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
About carwow’s Product Organisation
carwow is scaling rapidly. Our product organisation currently includes 9 product squads and we are looking to expand to 14 in 2022. This growth will allow the expansion into different products and adjacent markets, which is one of our key strategic pillars for the next 2-3 years. In this context, we are moving our organisation towards a “Tribes and Squads” structure. For more information about our Product Organisation, please visit our medium blog (here).
About the role
As a Senior Product Manager working on the commercial side of our new car marketplace (partners who help customers find the right car) you will join a newly formed product team focusing on solving our commercial partner’s biggest challenges. This team will conceive new ways of increasing partner engagement on our platform in a market where our partners are increasingly sophisticated, transitioning to in-house e-commerce, and where there’s an ongoing trend towards market consolidation. This is the perfect role for someone with experience in product management working with enterprise partners (e.g. enterprise SaaS, enterprise B2B business, etc.). This person will work with stakeholders to define and deliver an exciting value proposition to our commercial partners (e.g. big dealer groups and car manufacturers).
About the key responsibilities
- Strategy: Create collaboratively with the product and commercial leadership across markets an exciting product vision and strategy for the commercial side of our New Car vertical.
- Problem definition and structured thinking:
- Synthesises insights from various sources to craft a clear problems statement articulating the root cause problem in a structured way and demonstrates clarity when aligning the team to the problem.
- Identify and use a range of confidence building methods to learn as fast as possible and ensure we build the right thing.
- Impact driven: Align the team around the outcome they are working towards and is able to prioritise effectively on multiple dimensions.
- Set up team for success: Create an environment that allows the team to get the best out of all the people in their squad by helping provide wider context, giving clarity on goals, supporting and setting processes for the team to collaborate effectively.
- Measuring success: Proactively identifies metrics to track and measure partner and business benefit. Works with stakeholders to implement the right metric and track it amongst the wider product team.
- Communication: Ensures all people involved and the wider commercial team are aware of the team strategy, initiatives, priorities and progress.
- Influence: Builds relationships easily to empower the squad to achieve the desired outcome often by influencing the opinions of others often outside of your team.
- Stake-holder management: Work with Product Ambassadors (i.e. local market and functional areas stakeholders) to get the right input, their ideas and ensure that they have the right information to represent the product team into their areas/functions.
- You are able to think strategically, both top down and bottom up
- Have an empathetic leadership style
- Have experience working in a product management-focused role ideally with experience in enterprise SaaS, enterprise B2B business or the supply side of marketplaces.
- Be highly analytical and accustomed to using complex data to make decisions - when you’re presented with data, analysis should be a reflex.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill; whether interfacing with software engineering , other stakeholders or to our leadership team.
- Be a great prioritiser, not afraid to say no.
- Love working autonomously, but you’re able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style.
- You have proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities.
Whats on offer
- A great Product org where you can grow as the company grows and learn from people who are keen to better themselves
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options).
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*.
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary).
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%).
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality.
- Enhanced parental leave including 20 weeks full pay maternity and 8 weeks full pay paternity leave
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions.
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro).
- Home Office budget of £500/€550.
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan.
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health).
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.