We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2022 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the team
The UK Marketplace team drives local marketplace health and revenue growth, by bridging overall business strategy with local needs and ensuring excellence in daily execution. You will work with senior leaders, working across functions, quickly solving problems, and bringing new insight to the conversation.
carwow UK is our flagship market and our largest business, and is therefore at the forefront of strategic, commercial and operational innovation.
Please note: We expect that this role could attract candidates with a broad range of backgrounds, with differences of experiences and strengths in each area of this role. We'd encourage you to apply, even if you feel you're close to the brief and not an exact match
Reporting to the UK Marketplace Manager, you will execute a wide range of analytical, operational & strategic projects critical to carwow’s future growth, working closely with all teams within the business (Commercial, Product, Growth, Data to name a few) to maximise short to mid-term value creation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Marketplace Health: monitor key liquidity indicators for the UK marketplace, leading the development of the operational capability to manage key tactical levers, and initiating projects to improve marketplace health at a broad scale
- Supply: advise the commercial teams on supply acquisition requirements, analysing data to determine priority targets, & feeding key information into our most significant deals with dealership groups and manufacturers
- Marketing: feed market-specific information into marketing discussions, leading analysis to highlight opportunities and threats, and act upon the team’s findings
- Performance Tracking: generally becoming the internal expert on the UK market - thinking holistically about drivers of over/under performance, and how we respond to them
- Strategy: supporting the formulation of the long term vision and strategy for carwow UK, and driving the execution of sub-projects within this plan
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional, strategic projects
- Passion for data analysis and natural aptitude for problem-solving, with the ability to mould this output into a clear storyline
- Willingness to quickly learn, adapt and apply new skills
- A creative, entrepreneurial mentality that enjoys experimentation and is willing to take risks
- Intermediate SQL skills would be a bonus
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (1-2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook Pro and peripherals)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021
What employees are saying
"I do really love the 'remote first, hybrid working' mentality at carwow. We also offer a work from anywhere benefit which allows us to manage our annual leave really well. Our hybrid working is super flexible, so I can really manage my personal life well."
Anonymous Marketing Employee at carwow
More roles at carwow
- Business Analyst Intern
- Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Business Development Manager
- Brand Executive - Sales
- Marketing Communications Specialist (w/m/d)
- Copywriter (w/m/d)
- Paid Social & Display Manager
- Brand Partnerships Manager
- OEM Brand Partnerships & Business Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Praktikum Strategy & Innovation (w/m/d)