3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
carwow is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Platform engineering team on a full-time basis in either a fully remote or hybrid capacity.
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 300 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
About the role
This year we're investing heavily in the continued growth of our Platform engineering tribe and part of this growth will see Data Engineering becoming its own entity.
We're looking for a Senior engineer to join the team and play a pivotal role building the foundation of self service API’s, tools and data products that carwow teams can use to deliver great products and customer experiences. You'd work closely with senior stakeholders across various product squads and analytics teams and support the Lead Data Engineer in suggesting improvements to our data systems that allow us to make well informed decisions.
We're big on personal development and you'll have the opportunity to mentor junior members of the team whilst having an opportunity to lead a number of business critical projects throughout 2022.
- Must have: SQL, Python, data infrastructure, SQL ETL/ELT knowledge, experience with DAGs to manage script dependencies with tools like Airflow
- Nice to have: Snowflake, Airflow, Terraform, Ruby, data visualisation tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI), Amplitude, DevOps, Redshift, AWS
- Experience in driving Data Engineering capabilities on the tactical and strategical levels.
- Hiring and leading data engineers.
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.