3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 400 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
As an Outreach Team Manager you will be responsible for setting and executing carwow’s offsite SEO strategy. You will lead the outreach team and be responsible for all parts of the outreach strategy. You will lead ideation sessions and help the team create campaigns and pitch ideas to websites who will want to share these with their audiences.
This is a role that will allow you to use strategic, creative and analytical skills to ensure carwow is consistently earning high quality links and coverage that will help increase search visibility.
- Lead carwow’s outreach strategy across all markets
- Manage a budget for outreach and digital PR activity that can be used on content creation, acquiring digital assets and agency support
- Line management of the outreach team
- Working to improve organic search performance by consistently delivering high-quality backlinks through outreach campaigns, and by developing helpful tools and resources for the carwow website
- Outreach campaign ideation (occasionally running your own campaigns as well as supporting the team)
- Lead ideation sessions to generate innovative ideas
- Design and develop ideas for onsite tools and content marketing campaigns to deliver the outreach strategy and agreed goals
- Identify link acquisition targets through technical research techniques
- Analyse the performance and impact of each outreach campaign to develop best practice
- Coordinate with various stakeholders including Editorial, Product and Design teams to create outreach content and campaign assets
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- A track record of delivering coverage and links
- An appreciation and enjoyment of the full end-to-end outreach process, all the way from ideation to pitch email
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- A passion for SEO and a strong understanding of how links and coverage increase organic search visibility
- A keen interest in cars and the latest trends in the industry - a plus
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a ye