3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
carwow is looking for an Operations Team Lead to join our thriving team in Portugal, supporting the German market. This role plays an integral part in the Sell Your Car business, navigating the process from offer agreed through to a smooth journey to collection. The role would involve managing a team focused on delivering high quality customer experiences, a strong people manager and problem solver. We are a global team, with this role sitting within the wider Operations team. We work together to provide best solutions to resourcing and process improvements.
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 300 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
Carwow recently acquired Wizzle, a car selling comparison website that helps sellers achieve a competitive price for their car with the minimum amount of effort. We work with a number of online car buyers to compare offers for an instant sale and offer them to advertise their car to our network of trusted and approved car dealers. By using our simple to follow guided car appraisal app we help add trust and transparency to used car selling, so that the price customers are quoted is the price paid by our dealers. Car buying is one of the last areas to be revolutionised by the internet - here at carwow we’re leading the online revolution.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person. With a team of over 25 different nationalities at carwow, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are maximising our efforts to get there and have a number of DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do, we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
Our sales department is the hub of the business ensuring that customers upload and go on to sell their car through our ‘Sell Your Car’ offering and your role is integral to the success of the customer journey.
- Manage individual performance of pre-qualifications team
- Understand training and quality needed to onboard, performance manage and improve gaps through coaching
- Be capable of interviewing effectively and hiring right fit candidates
- Collecting team feedback and giving to managers in a constructive improvement manner
- Handling escalations in a timely and effective manner
- Finding efficiencies in process and suggesting to manager
- Proven experience managing a successful, proactive team.
- Effective use of data to explain pain points and understanding targets.
- Desired experience of contact centre or similar high demand and fast paced environment.
- Coaching and managing through underperformance to empower team members.
- Prioritising requests and managing stakeholders.
- You will have excellent spoken and written German.
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Private medical health insurance
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550 *if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays.
We are conscious of the potential impact on the environment and are leading the change to Electric vehicles. To play our part, we’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’ which should increase this to approx 5,000 trees planted per month.
* Please can we ask that you kindly submit your resume in English. *