3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Want to help people find their ideal vehicle for their business? Want to create the most engaging LCV content in the world? Want to join us as we revolutionise how people change their vehicles? If so, we want to hear from you...
As our first ever Light Commercial Vehicles Editor, your brief is simple: ensure we have the best, most engaging and useful CV content in the world – on the web, on social and in video.
Why? Our mission is to make carwow users the most informed and the most empowered. And to do that we need to make carwow as famous for light commercial vehicles as it is for passenger cars.
This is where you come in. Reporting to the Managing Editor, you will develop the editorial tone of voice, structure and content strategy for LCVs on carwow, and execute your plan across our platforms, ensuring electric vans are a core component of your output.
As this is a newly created role, it’s a unique opportunity for you to take the job in the direction it needs to go – and you can be confident that you will have the resources to do just that. Recently carwow received an extra $55 million investment, with some of that being earmarked to grow our content output.
- Develop a publishing plan to ensure the highest-volume (search and sales) light commercial vehicles are featured in carwow reviews
- Write, upload and maintain our LCV reviews to the highest editorial standards, with close attention paid to style, tone and best use of pictures
- Have a specific content plan for electric LCVs – including reviews, advice and videos
- Working with SEO, develop a content plan for LCV buying/selling advice blogs and Best Van type pages
- Work with the wider content team to identify opportunities for videos featuring light commercial vehicles
- You must have five years of experience in producing great automotive editorial. And you must be able to demonstrate your portfolio
- Be excited about LCVs, empathetic to fleet buyers/customers of LCVs and keep up to date with market trends
- Be enthusiastic about electric vehicles and know the issues owners face when buying and running them
- Be able to work under pressure to hit deadlines while maintaining the highest editorial standards
Nice to haves
- A working knowledge of content management systems
- An understanding of analytics and how to act on them
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holiday
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.