3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 400+ carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
Want to make your mark within a fast-moving industry? Do you want to utilise your analytical expertise to deliver innovative products, identifying opportunities to improve our products quality and customer experience and driving exponential growth?
We are looking for junior data analysts/scientists who are passionate about product development to support the delivery of business-critical product changes that excite our customers. We collect huge amounts of data from our product, and you will be empowered to apply your analytical expertise to perform tasks varying from understanding all aspects of the customer journey in our product, to analysing our product testing strategy, to researching product development working closely with product managers, designers and researchers.
- Analysing our customer’s user behaviour and our product performance to generate actionable insights that can drive the product teams to achieve our ambitious targets.
- Working fully embedded within our product teams, to influence/challenge decisions through data-informed recommendations when analysing product changes and identifying new opportunities.
- Design and Analyse AB tests turning key results into actionable insights
- Democratise insight across the product function and the wider business, sharing learnings and celebrating our successes
- Define and track the OKR’s for our product teams and ensure they are held accountable via insights
- Working with the wider analytics and data science community here at carwow to improve your knowledge and understanding, contributing in knowledge shares and peer programming
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- Proactivity and curiosity are vital qualities in our analytics team to enable you to take responsibility for your area of product.
- Experience with SQL and a desire to learn python
- Eager to work in fast paced multi discipline teams to deliver high quality analysis that informs our product decisions and drives business growth
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis (AB testing).
- A base level understanding of product analytics and how it impacts the commerciality of the business
- You are eager to develop your wider data analytics/science knowledge
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holiday
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.