3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
We are looking for a Global Brand Manager for a 6 month fix-termed contract. Must have a notice period / ability to strat in less than 3 weeks.
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 400 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
This fantastic new role is the face of Brand across all internal and external touch points, including Product, Growth, Content and Commercial. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, proactive team player to be the global brand guardian and driving force behind product launches and campaigns. You’ll need deep familiarity with creative development, planning and effective resource management as well as the ability to use data to drive creative excellence. The role requires a brilliant communicator with keen attention to detail, creative flair and the ability to adapt and evolve as quickly as the business does.
We’re growing our newly formed Brand & Communications team, so this role really is what you want to make it. You will work closely with our Design team, briefing and managing a wide range of content development initiatives for social, performance marketing advertising, video content, editorial materials, branding, logos, event materials and more. You will coordinate with the various teams within carwow to ensure deliverables are on-time and distributed across the various teams.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities shift quickly and take pride in producing best-in-class creative.
- Act as the brand guardian. Manage the strategy and execution of all creative assets and projects across the global carwow brand
- Develop engaging and high-performing creative, while keeping to and championing carwow’s brand guidelines
- Be at the centre of brand planning managing activity end to end from ideation, briefings, processes and documentation - delivering creating high-performance designs that drive users to engage and convert
- Work with and manage creative and media agencies for both ATL & BTL
- Be a brand champion, working with the internal teams, probing and challenging and sourcing information on a consistent basis to leverage data and learnings
- Embed within the teams where necessary to gain an understanding of the team’s OKR’s and priorities and problem solving to help them achieve their creative goals
- Provide core organisational and project management services on all creative projects; moving creative projects along on schedule from start to finish
- Create space for the business to ideate and innovate, observing and reporting on competitor behaviour to help carwow stand out in a crowded market
- Continuously analyse creative results and learnings, AB testing and sharing results with the aim to provide the highest performing creatives
- Have a deep understanding of our products and our audience needs, as well as our marketing channels and campaigns
- Exceptional project management skills, prioritising workflows and liaising with key stakeholders across all three markets UK, DE & ES
- Proven experience working within design, brand or creative
- Sound industry knowledge design tools and capabilities
- Proactive, positive, can do attitude with an adaptable style of working
- Experience conceptualising, briefing and delivering design and marketing tasks, both large and small
- Experience using data to inform decision making. Leveraging creative testing frameworks and methodologies
- Strong knowledge of ATL and BTL marketing channels including TV, OOH, Facebook, YouTube, Display and Paid Search
- Basic understanding online analytics and eCommerce
- Excellent stakeholder management and ability to adapt style and comms approach accordingly
- Ability to wear multiple hats, managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.