3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of 550€, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
The role is the first finance role for the Spanish entity, the bookkeeping is currently managed in London with assistance from account managers and local office support. The business has scaled very quickly that it has outgrown the current workloads and justifies a full time local resource.
With a dual reporting line into the Group Financial Controller based in London and the MD in Spain, this role will be fully responsible for all end to end accounting and ensuring the firms accountants have all the information needed for payroll and monthly taxes.
Within your main responsabilities you will find:
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing of all accounts payable invoices
- Monthly billing of sales invoices to dealerships
- Raising of credit notes
- Cash allocations
- Credit Control
- Management of finance inbox for all inbound dealer and supplier related queries
- Supply external accounts with information to support
- Monthly VAT returns
- Annual accounting returns and tax filing
- Payroll (processed externally)
- Adhoc tasks for the CM or FC as required
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- Bachelor or masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 2-4 years of similar work experience
- Previous experience bookkeeping role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Fluent English
- Netsuite experience desired, but not essential
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve.
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance.
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food.
- Discounted Gym memberships.
- Flexible working: For those that want to, you'll be able to work from home for the majority of the week, with up to 2 days max in the office and receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to 550€ to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. We also have a new ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it.
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual).
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.