3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2022 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
To achieve carwow's ambitions we have fostered a culture of data driven innovation and evidence based decision making. We wish to supercharge our Analytics & Data Science efforts, with a Data Scientist dedicated to Growth (i.e. Marketing). We are evolving our Growth function very quickly and we want to maximise the value of our data by leveraging strong Customer Analysis as well as Data Science techniques that will ultimately help us understand our Customers better and obtain higher returns on our Marketing investments.
To be successful in this role, you must have an enterprising spirit, a very keen eye for commercial purpose and an eager thirst for self-development - trying out new techniques and approaches when the answer isn’t obvious.
- Building and testing multiple models, evaluating their value and selecting the most relevant, but also operationally sensible, to solve the problem at hand. Some examples include, customer segmentation, customer lifetime value, next best action modelling, attribution modelling, light-touch econometrics, and so much more.
- Deliver insightful customer analysis and experiments, particularly in the CRM marketing space, that will help the business better understand our customers, and also enable us to evolve how we communicate with our customers - aligning our comms with our customers’ car purchase journey.
- Identify opportunities from the work that our Growth stakeholders are doing, where machine learning techniques can be applied for increased impact, speed or automation.
- Continually developing your own skills while also coaching less experienced members, providing technical support and contributing to the wider data community.
- Work alongside other carwow Data Scientists to evolve our capability and tools in this space.
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- Passionate about the impact that Data Science projects can have in maximising the value of marketing investments.
- Driven by using data to bring the voice of the customer to business decisioning and identifying the best way to evolve our marketing strategy to improve the customer experience.
- Extensive technical experience with SQL and Python.
- Experience developing data science projects from inception to deployment in a commercial environment.
- Strong in articulating complex data science concepts to a non technical audience, building credibility and trust while influencing our stakeholders.
- Experience with marketing, especially CRM Marketing is a plus
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (1-2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook Pro and peripherals)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.