3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 400 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
To achieve carwow's ambitions we have fostered a culture of data driven innovation and evidence based decision making. We are looking for someone to lead, shape and own the reporting landscape and drive us to a best in class BI system. You’ll be working with stakeholders across the business to gather and discuss requirements to build a cohesive reporting suite that allows all in the business to have visibility on the performance.
The role sits within the Analytics & Data Science team to benefit from the wider expertise but is an opportunity to take ownership and grow an area that is of critical importance to the entirety of a high growth business.
- Create a vision for reporting and the democratisation of data at carwow.
- Design, create and own the reporting, as well as subsequent data products that power carwow.
- Work with key stakeholders to gather requirements for the creation of visualisations that enable evidence based decision making whilst ensuring consistency in all areas of the company.
- Identify areas where our reporting infrastructure or tools could be improved for better performance and/or impact.
- Be the expert in all core carwow reports, troubleshooting of those reports and their documentation.
- Act as the SME for BI and support the analysts in visualising their analysis using best practices.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the business and objectives you’ll be enabling it to achieve.
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply even if you’re not an exact match.
- Data Viz enthusiast!
- Expert in data visualisation using Tableau.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience in Snowflake.
- Ability to write scalable and reliable ETLs in tools such as dbt and Airflow.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to share knowledge through documentation and communication.
- Can work independently and structure your time to effectively prioritise requests with competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ideally a working knowledge of Python.
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)