Fully flexible hours
At Capdesk, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people.
We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
2021 was eventful – we raised £8m and launched in multiple new European markets – but we’ve set our sights even higher for 2022 and we’re counting on every new joiner to help us get there. We’re staying as lean as possible, so every hire matters.
Capdesk is a remote-friendly startup with a team-first mentality. We have amazing people all over the world but many employees are based in Copenhagen or London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices.
About the role
As an SDR, you’ll join a team of 10 (5 x SDRs and 5 x AEs) and work directly with our Global Sales Director to bring you up to speed on our space. This includes how we continually refine and deliver our evolving sales strategy.
We’re a social bunch, and even in a remote-working world, we still love being around a supportive team in the office. This is a hybrid role, ideally with a couple of days spent in our London office.
We’re going to be unlocking more of the extensive UK market, alongside venturing into Europe to help open opportunities with some of EMEA’s hottest startups/scale-ups… and we need your help!
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities and generating qualified leads, as well as building our contact database through research & profiling
- You will use a multichannel approach (emails, Linkedin messages, calls etc.) to generate sales opportunities, using sequence and automation best practices
- As a real team player, you will set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and our Account Executives to move the pipeline forward across the sales funnel
- You will have the opportunity over time to close smaller opportunities yourself as you develop
- You will provide visibility to the broader team by documenting your progress using Salesloft & Hubspot, as well as reporting on results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- You will evangelise our product by engaging and interacting with prospects using our ever expanding library of content to inform and inspire
- You will have a genuine interest in learning everything about your prospects’ equity processes and collecting insights around their pain points as if they were your own
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- At least 6 months of experience in a sales role, ideally an SDR role within a start-up/recruitment type environment
- Comfort and experience communicating with prospects through various channels (LinkedIn, Email, Video and Call), and the creativity to cut through the noise
- Experience in qualifying prospects and handing over opportunities to Account Executives
- Ability to build strong rapport and have credibility with senior executives
- Hunger and desire to constantly develop, learn and grow
- Hands-on experience with Salesloft, Hubspot, LinkedIn, and Cognism
- Previous experience engaging with prospects fitting the role of CFO, Finance Director and Financial Controller
- Aspirations of moving into an AE role in the short-term future (i.e. next 12 months)
Bonus points for:
- A passion or deep interest in investing or private equity
- Fluency in a second language such as French or German
To succeed in this role, your personal values matter just as much as your technical skills. Does this sound like you?
- Empowered = you love to feel empowered to do the role you’re responsible for
- Iterative = you love to test and iterate new ideas and approaches
- Togetherness = you love being part of a team, pulling cohesively together to deliver the team goal
- Purpose = you love having a clear purpose and own the responsibility of your role
- Curiosity = you love to develop, learn and understand more
What we can offer you:
- £25-30k base (estimated £40-45k OTE)
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- We’re pretty flexible when it comes to how you work - we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are based
- Enhanced parental leave
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Annual company meet-up in London and quarterly virtual kick-off events
- Onboarding budget to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- We're one of AngelList’s startups to work for in 2022
- We're on Otta's 2021 Rocket List: London's fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.