Fully flexible hours
At Capdesk, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people.
We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
2021 was eventful – we raised £8m and launched in multiple new European markets – but we’ve set our sights even higher for 2022 and we’re counting on every new joiner to help us get there. We’re staying as lean as possible, so every hire matters.
Capdesk is a remote-friendly startup with a team-first mentality. We have amazing people all over the world but many employees are based in Copenhagen or London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices. This role is open to applications in London, UK!
About the role
You’ll be joining a growing Sales team, currently 5 x SDRs and 5 x AEs. You will work directly with our Global Sales Director to learn the ropes and bring you up to speed on our space.
We’re a social bunch, and even in a remote-working world, we still love being around a supportive team in the office. This is a hybrid role, ideally with a couple of days spent in our London office.
We’re going to be unlocking more of the extensive UK market, alongside venturing into Europe to help open opportunities with some of EMEA’s hottest start-ups/scale-ups… and we need your help!
In this role, you will:
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and generate qualified leads, in addition to both inbound and outbound leads generated for you by the Sales Development team
- Have a consultative approach in client conversations, understanding their needs and how we can solve them best
- Hold product demonstrations, showcasing Capdesk’s key value propositions
- Manage your pipeline and deal flow effectively, regardless of seasonality
- Collaborate with the Sales Development team and other departments to provide a seamless process for prospects
- Have a genuine interest in learning everything about your prospects’ equity processes, collecting insights around their pain points as if they were your own
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- At least a year of experience in an Account Executive role, ideally within a start-up/B2B SaaS/Fintech environment
- Comfort and experience communicating with prospects through various channels (LinkedIn, Email, Video and Call)
- Solid understanding of the tech-stack required for a successful sales process
- Credibility and gravitas, taking control of the sales process
- Experience in prospect qualification and closing deal sizes of up to £25k pa
- Proven closing techniques, with the ability to build strong rapport and have credibility with senior executives
- Genuine interest in start ups and scale ups, and the world of private equity
- Hunger and desire to constantly develop, learn and grow
- Hands-on experience with Salesloft, Hubspot, LinkedIn, and Cognism
- Previous experience and network selling to prospects fitting the role of CFO, Finance Director and Financial Controller
- Fluency in a second language such as French or German
To succeed in this role, your personal values matter just as much as your technical skills. Does this sound like you?
- Empowered = you love to feel empowered to do the role you’re responsible for
- Iterative = you love to test and iterate new ideas and approaches
- Togetherness = you love being part of a team, pulling cohesively together to deliver the team goal
- Purpose = you love having a clear purpose and own the responsibility of your role
- Curiosity = you love to develop, learn and understand more
What we can offer you
- £40k base (estimated £90k OTE)
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- We’re pretty flexible when it comes to how you work - we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are based
- Enhanced parental leave – 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (including adoption)
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Annual company meet-up in London and quarterly virtual kick-off events
- Onboarding budget to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- We're one of AngelList’s startups to work for in 2022
- We're on Otta's 2021 Rocket List: London's fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
- We’ve been verified as one of the world’s most flexible companies by Flexa Careers
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.