1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Regional Field Merchandiser – North Region
Reporting to: Retail Operations Manager
Base: Field Based. Would suit someone living within the Greater Manchester or West Yorkshire areas due to the locations of stores where our product is listed
Red Letter Days and Buyagift.com are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core purpose is delivering happiness, amazing people. With the vision that there should never be a reason for someone to buy an experience anywhere else. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017 and continues to go from strength to strength.
Our amazing team is now over 190 people, and we are delighted to have been awarded 2 stars in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For since 2019. Our focus on delivering happiness to our customers has recently been recognised by us being accredited to the Institute of Customer Service. Corporate social responsibility is also close to our hearts: We became carbon neutral in 2020 and have embarked on the journey to become net zero.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Field Merchandiser to join this highly successful and growing gift experience company. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person who wants to be part of a key growth business channel.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all products are replenished and presented to company expectations in all stores in your region. You will build strong relationships with the store management teams in the retailers that we stock our products with. You will be expected to review store by store sales data on an on-going basis and make improvements to merchandising placements. Your aim will also be to facilitate improved placement and increased exposure during key trading periods.
The role is field based and will require extensive travel across the region and other regions on an ad hoc basis.
A bit more about the role:
- Arrange comprehensive weekly / bi-weekly / monthly store visits
- Ensure an in-depth knowledge of current Buyagift and Red Letter Days product ranges and company best sellers
- Build excellent in-store relationships with managers and store staff to maximise sales; through product and brand knowledge and excellent customer service
- Conduct staff training sessions on a seasonal basis, ensuring that all staff fully understand the features and benefits of the Smartbox product range and that they are motivated to sell those products
- Merchandise product to company guidelines and ensure stocks are maximised at all times
- Feedback any stock issues, display potential, competitor activity and any other information to assist Head Office
- Build excellent instore relationships to ensure units are placed in best position & to ensure retail presentation is of a high standard
- Ensure that all administration is completed accurately and sent to the relevant people on time
- Communicate best practice and lessons learned to Field Team and Retail Operations Manager
- Receiving stock deliveries to your home address
- Installation of display systems and POS materials
- Log visits and feedback electronically on company software to produce reporting
And now a bit about you:
- You must have experience within fast paced retail environments in a similar role
- Proven delivery of commercial targets
- Outstanding communicator and team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Solid forward planning, organisational and time management skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work alone whilst being managed remotely
- Due to the travel involved with visiting stores, you must have a full UK driver’s license and have your own car
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People and we only hire amazing people like you. If this is you and If this role sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, we would love to hear from you.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Buyagift and Red Letter Days to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications, it may not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.