1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
PR Executive - Remote Working
Reporting to: Senior PR & Brand Communications Manager
Location: Entirely Remote Working - you would only have to go into London for journalist meetings and events when required
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.
First a bit about the role:
As our PR Executive you will be supporting the Senior PR and Brand Comms Manager in delivering the PR and Influencer strategy for the UK’s leading gift experience provider Buyagift. You will be supporting the creation and development of first-class PR campaigns that drive brand engagement. We are looking for a person with PR Executive experience, who can use their creativity and communication skills to maximise awareness and engagement in our brands.
A bit more about the role:
- Work alongside the Senior PR & Brand Comms Manager to deliver PR and influencer strategy
- Research, write and sell-in press releases and gift guides to target media
- Secure news coverage and product placements in national, lifestyle, broadcast and print
- Reaching out to the media on a daily basis, pitching new products, press releases and content
- Support the delivery of PR campaigns in alignment with other marketing channels
- Liaising with the Buying team to identify products to promote based on business priorities
- Supporting the SEO team with gaining high quality back links and digital PR/ SEO campaigns
- Using media monitoring platforms to keep track of and analyse coverage
- Sending regular coverage updates to the business
- Organising journalist one-to-ones to brief them on new experiences and build/maintain relationships
- Arranging and co-ordinating experiences for press/blogger reviews
- Responding to reactive media enquiries
- Keeping on top of competitor activity, media landscape and news stories
- Organising and attending press and influencer events
- Seeking new influencers to work with, managing content creation and brand awareness activity and reporting
And now a bit about you:
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic person to contribute energy, creativity and fresh ideas to our existing team. We are looking for someone who can work at a fast pace and for a person that has strong organisational skills. Ideally you will have current experience working for a brand within the lifestyle sector, have strong communication skills and have a good understanding about the digital side of PR.
- At least 1 year of experience at PR Executive level
- Ability to come up with creative ideas for campaigns
- Experience in digital or traditional PR
- Experience in organising events
- Excellent time management skills and knowledge of media deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Friendly with the ability to build rapport with media and influencers
- Passionate and enthusiastic
Desirable but not essential skills:
- PR degree or qualification
- Experience of using Gorkana / Cision media monitoring platforms
- Existing contacts and relationships with national and lifestyle press
- Experience in Infulencer Marketing
- Influencer contacts
The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and above all, results driven. We are looking for candidates who want responsibility and have the desire to achieve. You will also need to be a strong team player and excellent at prioritisation.
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing by one each year
- After 5 years with us you will be eligible for 1 month fully paid sabbatical
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Buyagift & Red Letter Days to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.