1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Reporting to: Senior PR & Brand Communications Manager
Location: Borehamwood, WD6, Hybrid working with 60% working from home time
Red Letter Days and Buyagift.com are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core purpose is delivering happiness, amazing people. With the vision that there should never be a reason for someone to buy an experience anywhere else. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017 and continues to go from strength to strength.
Our amazing team is now over 190 people, and we are delighted to have been awarded 2 stars in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For since 2019. Our focus on delivering happiness to our customers has recently been recognised by us being accredited to the Institute of Customer Service. Corporate social responsibility is also close to our hearts: We became carbon neutral in 2020 and have embarked on the journey to become net zero.
About the role:
As part of the Brand team, the PR Executive will support the Senior PR and Brand Comms Manager in delivering the PR and Influencer strategy for the UK’s leading gift experience provider Buyagift, supporting the creation and development of first-class PR campaigns that drive brand engagement. We are looking for a strong PR Executive, who can use their creativity and communication skills to maximise awareness and engagement in our brands. It is essential that you have a strong understanding of the UK media and influencer marketing landscape. You will be super organised and have an abundance of enthusiasm and energy, with real tenacity to deliver great results.
A bit more about the role:
- Work alongside the Senior PR & Brand Comms Manager to deliver PR and influencer strategy
- Research, write and sell-in press releases and gift guides to target media
- Secure news coverage and product placements in national, lifestyle, broadcast and print by reaching out to the media on a daily basis, pitching new products, press releases and content
- Support the delivery of PR campaigns ensuring they are supported by other marketing channels
- Liaising with the Buying team to identify products to promote based on business priorities
- Supporting the SEO team with gaining high quality back links and digital PR/ SEO campaigns
- Using media monitoring platforms to keep track of and analyse coverage
- Sending regular coverage updates to the business
- Organising journalist one-to-ones to brief them on new experiences and build/maintain relationships
- Arranging and co-ordinating experiences for press/blogger reviews
- Organising and attending press and influencer events
- Seeking new influencers to work with, managing content creation and brand awareness activity and reporting
- Responding to reactive media enquiries
- Keeping on top of competitor activity, media landscape and news stories
And now a bit about you:
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic person who has already worked in an agency or in-house to contribute energy, creativity and fresh ideas to our existing team and be able to hit the ground running. It is essential that you can work at a fast pace and have strong organisational skills. Ideally you will have current experience working for a brand within the lifestyle sector, have strong communication skills and be adept and knowledgeable about the digital side of PR.
- At least 2-3 years of experience at PR Executive level in-house or agency side
- Experience in digital and traditional PR
- Experience in Influencer Marketing
- Existing contacts and relationships with national and lifestyle press
- Excellent time management skills, highly organised and knowledge of media deadlines
- Ability to come up with creative ideas for campaigns
- Strong English language and writing skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to build great relationships with the media and influencers
- Experience in organising events
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- PR degree or qualification
- Experience of using Gorkana / Cision media monitoring platforms
- Influencer contacts
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you. Send us your CV and feel free to send a 'little bit about you' so we can get to know you a little bit more.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Buyagift Plc & Red Letter Days to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.