1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Motion Designer Videographer
Reporting to: Head of Creative
Location Borehamwood, Hertforshire
Red Letter Days and Buyagift.com are the UK Brands for Smartbox Group. We are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core purpose is delivering happiness, amazing people. With the vision that there should never be a reason for someone to buy an experience anywhere else.
We have been part of the Smartbox Group since 2009 - the world’s largest provider of experiences. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017 and continues to go from strength to strength.
Our amazing team at Smartbox UK is now over 160 people and we are delighted to have been awarded 2 stars in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For for the past two years. Our focus on delivering happiness to our customers has recently been recognised by us being accredited to the Institute of Customer Service. Corporate social responsibility is close to our hearts: We became carbon neutral in 2020 and have embarked on the journey to become net zero.
About The Role
Our mission is to create meaningful connections with our customers and partners to put our brands front of mind as the destination for unforgettable, exhilarating and timeless experiences.
As the Motion Designer and Videographer you will be responsible for the bringing our content to life through creative storytelling. This is a new role, sitting within the Creative Team.
You will work closely with the Creative, Brand & Content teams as well as the eCommerce trading team to showcase key moments, messages and experiences in a relevant and engaging way across our channels.
A bit more about the role:
- Creating and delivering motion graphics for various media
- Working with art and creative teams to select audio, video, colours, animation, etc.
- Storyboard, organise and plan your shoots (this is a hands-on role)
- Film and edit video footage and adding effects/elements to enhance the output
- Staying up to date on the latest filming and design techniques
- A passion for video and photography, visiting locations to capture authentic footage, stories and stills. (note, this is a video first role but an eye for still photography a bonus)
- Managing assets and saving to the server/DAM for the teams to access
And Now a Bit About You
This role will best suit a creative person who is passionate about people, and happy to work without supervision as well as part of the team.
- You have a keen eye for design and aesthetics
- You are organized and can prioritise effectively
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
- You love exploring, and learning about people and product, and sharing stories in creative ways
- Skilled using the standard Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Experience organising and filming on shoots independently, as well as with a bigger team.
- Aware of Drone flying regulations throughout the UK
About The Creative Team
The creative design team focuses on both web, digital, print and creative design tasks. As a creative team, we’re looking to grow our skillset to produce more engaging content for both Buyagift and Red Letter Days brands.
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People and by our values of THRIVE (Together, Have fun, Respect, Innovative, Value the Customer, Excellence).
We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you. Send us your CV and feel free to send a 'little bit about you' so we can get to know you a little bit more.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Smartbox Group (Buyagift Plc & Red Letter Days) to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Note: The company office is currently located at Borehamwood. We operate a flexible/hybrid working model, working at least 2 days in the office and 3 days remotely.