1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Front End Developer
Reporting to: Web Development Manager
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 (60% working from home time offered)
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.
First a bit about the role:
We are looking for an experienced front end developer, keen to build great consumer ecommerce products within an enthusiastic and collaborative team.
Reporting to the Web Development Manager, you will form part of a dedicated cross-functional team that also includes Product and Design. This role will have the opportunity to feed into development processes and continuous improvements to ways of working. An interest in usability and accessibility is highly desirable.
A bit more about the role
- Work as part of a diverse Agile Product & Development Team on customer-facing platforms, actively participating in sprint ceremonies.
- Create and maintain re-usable, flexible & responsive front-end code for web applications.
- Implementation of UI designs and responsibility to provide recommendations for optimisation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the tech stack, data model and business requirements and provide technical and optimisation advice whenever necessary.
- Work with back end / full stack developers to implement code and fix issues/debug.
- Recognise problems and be able to offer solutions, both independently and collaboratively
- Offer suggestions of potential improvements to processes, repositories and refinement of existing code.
And now a bit about you
- Minimum of 3 years as a front-end/UX developer
- Good Experience of implementing React framework.
- Advanced knowledge of CSS & modern layout methods (Flex, CSS Grid)
- CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS)
- CSS frameworks, specifically Bootstrap 3 and 4
- Advanced skills in the design, build and optimization of reusable, front-end code.
- A strong understanding of SEO, optimisation and accessibility fundamentals
- Solid experience of Git and associated version control processes
- Agile and working within an Agile Development Team
- Azure DevOps preferred
- Experience of working with design systems / style guides, patterns and modular components.
- Sketch, InVision, Zeplin or similar for developer hand-off
- Experience working with wireframes, prototypes and other design files to build complex responsive layouts.
- UX/UI Design experience beneficial
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to collaborate and provide feedback on user stories as part of sprint planning and refinement.
The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and above all, results driven. We are looking for candidates who want responsibility and have the desire to achieve. You will also need to be a strong team player and excellent at prioritisation.
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing by one each year
- After 5 years with us you will be eligible for 1 month fully paid sabbatical
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Buyagift & Red Letter Days to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.