1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6
Red Letter Days and Buyagift.com are the UK Brands for Smartbox Group. We are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core purpose is delivering happiness, amazing people. With the vision that there should never be a reason for someone to buy an experience anywhere else.
We have been part of the Smartbox Group since 2009 - the world’s largest provider of experiences. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017 and continues to go from strength to strength.
Our amazing team at Smartbox UK is now over 180 people and we are delighted to have been awarded 2 stars in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For for the past two years. Our focus on delivering happiness to our customers has recently been recognised by us being accredited to the Institute of Customer Service. Corporate social responsibility is close to our hearts: We became carbon neutral in 2020 and have embarked on the journey to become net zero.
About the role:
Our mission is to create meaningful, real-time connections with our customers to put our brands front of mind as the destination for unforgettable, exhilarating and timeless experiences.
As the Brand Copywriter you will support the Brand Content Manager to manage all brand copy and bring to life the brand TOV’s for Buyagift & Red Letter Days.
You will sit within the Brand team and work alongside the Creative, PR & social teams as well as the eCommerce trading and CRM team to highlight key moments, messages and experiences in an engaging way across all our channels in a brand relevant way.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver brand relevant marketing copy for email, website homepage and campaign pages and performance marketing banners / ads
- Work with our in-house SEO team and external agency to check all SEO copy is in keeping with our brands TOV
- Implement the editorial strategy for Buyagift and Red Letter Days, with the aim to create an exciting, innovative and authoritative ‘editorial hub’ for new and returning visitors
- Ensure all copy delivers strong call to actions in a brand relevant way in an increasingly cluttered digital space
- Be the guardian for the Buyagift and Red Letter Days tone of voice and serve as an exemplary writer for all areas of the business
- Work with the social media and PR teams to ensure consistency throughout all comms
And now a bit about you:
- Proven ability in editorial and copywriting within retail or hospitality ecommerce business
- A creative, digital-first thinker with a keen eye for innovation, trends and the competitor landscape and confidence to question the status quo
- Proven ability to understand customer challenges and online behaviour, to execute effective copywriting
- A meticulous proof-reader with excellent attention to detail and an exceptional competence in English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven ability to plan and manage a workload and changing priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable in a cross-functional role that collaborates across departments
- A broad knowledge of media channels and landscape is a plus
About the brand team:
It is an exciting time to join Smartbox UK working on our two brands, Buyagift and Red Letter Days.
With a new Head of Brand recently joining the business, this is a new department who are focusing on developing our brand identity and TOV for Buyagift and Red Letter Days.
With this being a new department and a new role there is a great deal of opportunity to feed into the strategies and processes which are still being built and reviewed.
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People and by our values of THRIVE (Together, Have fun, Respect, Innovative, Value the Customer, Excellence).
We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you. Send us your CV and feel free to send a 'little bit about you' so we can get to know you a little bit more.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds - from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. We will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Smartbox Group (Buyagift Plc & Red Letter Days) to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications, it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.