Core hours 11 - 3
Come join one of 2022’s Best Places to Work in the heart of downtown Austin, as part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the city, the state and far beyond.
Brightpearl is the number one Retail Operating System for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing fearlessly. “People First” is one of our core company values, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
- A diverse and inclusive workplace
- Fantastic progression opportunities in a high growth business
- Free snacks!
And that’s not all. Check out our other perks and benefits to see what else we offer!
We will not be sponsoring any visas at this time.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our rapidly growing team.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will deploy, manage, fix and reinvent the tools, services and components that the software engineers rely on to automate our services and keep them operational. Your internal customers are your engineering colleagues, and through close collaboration, support and exchange of ideas, we share a common goal to serve our external customers and grow through learning and innovation.
About the Team
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be part of our Site Reliability Team. You will have the opportunity to utilise a wide range of technologies and tools. Training and support will be provided where relevant, therefore having exhaustive experience across all our technologies is not a necessity. At Brightpearl we pride ourselves in providing a collaborative environment that ensures we produce leading products across web and native applications.
You will work with our product delivery teams around the business to provide them with the support, tooling and knowledge to achieve great results. Ultimately, you will be passionate about the quality of software developed at Brightpearl. Your aim will be to ensure the systems we develop are highly available, low latency, robust to unexpected failures, scalable to high levels of load, cost effective and secure.
- Working with software engineering teams to help plan and deliver solutions, ensuring they are highly performant, reliable and secure
- Developing tooling and investigating new approaches and technologies to support our development teams in gaining improved observability, performance, reliability and security
- Proactively monitoring performance and reliability of systems at Brightpearl.
- Actively supporting the Site Reliability team to define acceptable standards for key metrics. Identifying necessary improvements and working with developers to deliver them
- Gathering data and presenting it to the wider business to help share understanding of the reliability and performance of our systems
- Documenting our tooling and best practices for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Leading major incidents, working with and through others to find workarounds and resolutions
- Supporting the technical response to outages and incidents, and designing and implementing improvements to our systems to prevent recurrence
- Creating and maintaining complex automation and training others in their use
- Working closely with the DevOps team to ensure the infrastructure to run our systems is in place, that it is secure, and that we have the means to ship code in a safe, reliable and continuous manner
- Linux services
- Configuration tools (Ansible or similar)
- Previous experience of collaborating with a global team to roll out new features, oversee Continuous Delivery to production and improve the infrastructure within a Product Delivery environment
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining site reliability processes and systems that increase efficiency, eliminate downtime and maintain performance at scale across platforms
- Experience supporting and coaching others within the team to maintain standards and focus on continuous improvement
- Proven experience of diagnosing, resolving and escalating service-impacting issues
- Experience using the CI/CD pipeline to support automated testing and deployments
- A good team player capable of delivering to deadlines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to help diagnose performance issues affecting customers in production
- Comfortable proactively communicating with colleagues and stakeholders
- Quality focused and value driven
Ideally you’ll have some of the following:
- Knowledge of AWS and its various services
- Familiar maintaining & supporting production environments
- A customer-centric approach to creating and maintaining services
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/Docker a plus
- Experience working with Terraform and/or Ansible a plus
- Comfortable with scripting languages (such as Bash, Ruby, Python, GoLang etc)
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2022
- Competitive compensation package: salary, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays and Your Birthday
- Work from home flexibility
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic and inclusive organization
- We believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval
- Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.