Fully flexible hours
boxxe strives to put customer satisfaction and outcomes at the heart of everything we do. Our Project Management team focuses on successfully delivering solutions across a variety of customers and technologies
As a Senior Project Manager, reporting to the Head of Project Management and working alongside your fellow Project Managers and Project Coordinators, you will manage a variety of complex and strategic projects across a range of customers and technologies.
You will work closely with the Sales Team and the other Service Teams, including the Technical Delivery Team, the Service Management Team and the Technical Support Teams, to ensure all of the projects we provide are of a world-class standard.
You will also be responsible for mentoring more junior members of the Project Management Team and deputising for the Head of Project Management during any absences.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
boxxe has ambitious goals, and as we expand our catalogue of offerings, we need to increase the size and experience of our service delivery teams to ensure we have the right people in place to deliver top-class solutions. Project Management is at the heart of this, adding control and process to our Professional Services solutions, and ensuring projects successfully transition into a Managed Service.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning the management of multiple complex projects across a variety of customers and technologies. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Leading project initiation meetings and scoping workshops
- Ensuring that all project documentation is completed (e.g. Statement of Work, High and Low-Level Design Documents)
- Creating and updating project plans
- Risk management
- Holding regular project update calls with the project team and the customer
- Scheduling technical resources and ensuring their time is logged against the project
- Monitoring progress of delivery, time and budget used, and reporting this back to the project team
- Ensuring testing and knowledge transfer occurs
- Holding project closedown and lessons learned meetings
- Ensuring project work is invoiced at the correct time
- Reporting on the progress and risks of your projects to key internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely with the Service Management team and Service Transition Managers to ensure a smooth transition into live service
- Collaborating with the Sales and Pre-sales teams on proposals for customers
- Collaborating with the Bids and Tenders team to contribute to customer bids
- Collaborating with the Service Creation Team in the creation of new repeatable services
- Developing, improving and documenting processes within the Project Management Team and wider services teams
- Assisting the Head of Project Management with team goals, objectives and strategies
- Deputising for the Head of Project Management when they are out of office for annual leave, sickness etc
- Mentoring junior members of the team and sharing best practices to enable them to become outstanding Project Managers
What experience we think you’ll need
- Previous experience in an IT project management role
- Project Management qualifications in both PRINCE2 and Agile (or equivalent)
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Experience in mentoring/training other Project Managers or Coordinators
- Experience working with UK Public Sector would be desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately at all levels
- Ability to lead teams to success by documenting and following clear processes
- Excellent attention to detail and document/reporting writing skills
- Ability to work flexibly and to travel within the UK to client sites when required
boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.