Remote-first - With Office Locations
Fully flexible hours
Blood Cancer UK, the UK’s leading blood cancer charity, is looking for a talented, motivated and enthusiastic Special Events Assistant to join the team.
Our special events programme is key to supporting our ability to raise the funds and awareness to help us achieve our mission of beating blood cancer within a generation. The successful candidate will work on the charity’s most high-profile events, including our annual Carols by Candlelight in Notting Hill and the Alternative Hair Show.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive, creative and resourceful individual to gain on the job experience in high value events and join the fight against blood cancer.
We welcome applications for a minimum of 21 part-time hours per week. Please include any preferences in hours in your application.
· Support the Senior Special Events Manager to deliver the winter portfolio of income generating events
· Act as the key point of contact for all aspects of event planning and delivery including; sourcing and coordinating invite lists, managing all RSVP’s and ensuring these are accurately recorded on the database
· Take responsibility for key event logistics, sourcing and negotiating with all suppliers ensuring we maximise our return on investment
· Work collaboratively with the Brand, Content and Design teams to create bespoke materials for each activity, ensuring they are tailored to inspire and engage event attendees
· Work with the Digital and Social Media teams to develop an online promotional strategy for each activity
· Be confident at developing and providing in-depth briefings for volunteers, suppliers and all staff working at events
· Keep the database and other reporting systems up-to-date and accurate
· Committed to our vision, mission and belief
· Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Is able to work well under pressure and be solutions focused
· Works well both within a team and by themselves with the ability to self-motivate
THINGS WE ALL DO
• Promote Blood Cancer UK’s vision, mission and core values
• We’re all fundraisers. This is slightly different for all roles, and your team will have fundraising KPIs and objectives we all work to
• Attend and assist at Blood Cancer UK events and activities as required (NB this involves evening and weekend work)
• Be an effective ambassador for Blood Cancer UK at any activity you attend
• Develop an in-depth understanding of our work
• Follow the principles of LEAN and continuous improvement
• All staff are expected to adhere to Blood Cancer UK’s policies and procedures
• Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Skilled in providing administrative support on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills with the ability and commitment to deliver to tight deadlines
- Experience of working effectively and collaboratively within a team, being able to work closely with the Senior Special Events Manager but also on your own initiative
- Ability to show tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Confident at variety of computer packages including Word, PowerPoint and Excel to produce event briefings, reports and evaluations. Knowledge of a fundraising database would be advantageous.