Remote-first - With Office Locations
Fully flexible hours
Our strategy has set the ambitious goal of firmly establishing blood cancer as a category. Blood Cancer is the 5th most common type of cancer and yet understanding of it is very low. We want the country as a whole to understand that blood cancer is as big a health challenge as the other four common types of cancer, so we’re looking for a talented individual to drive our marketing and planning in this career defining challenge.
Data and insight-led planning will be key to success in this role and you’ll have a track record of delivering impactful marketing solutions that make a real difference across brand engagement and metrics.
Cross-team collaboration will be vital and you’ll working with some of the most creative and dedicated colleagues in the sector, in an organisation that prides itself on prioritising culture and agile working.
Most importantly, the work you do will deliver a real change for people affected by blood cancer.
We welcome applications to work full time or four day a week, please specify in your cover letter.
1. Lead on scoping, planning and project managing an integrated brand marketing plan that establishes the blood cancer category, positions Blood Cancer UK and increases our reach amongst the blood cancer community.
1.1 Develop cost effective channel plans, key messaging and work with the External Communications team to develop an audience focused campaign and the creative team to bring this to life.
1.2 Project manage cross functional teams and any external suppliers
1.3 Manage budgets, set KPIs, track performance and adjust plans and activity to maximise impact
2. Work with teams across the organisation to project manage opportunities with partnerships/relationships that help to establish the blood cancer category and increase reach and awareness
3. Work with the Celebrity and Influencer Lead to develop an influencer marketing strategy to increase our reach and engagement
4. Lead on integrated campaign planning and delivery, working collaboratively with colleagues and setting up and being part of multi-functional planning teams where needed
5. Plan communications priorities per quarter according to the organisational strategy and priorities
6. Own the communications planning process and calendar, ensuring that we’re prioritising establishing the blood cancer category and being audience-led in our approach
7. Manage the brand marketing budget, including brand advertising spend
8. Actively support, develop and champion the audience framework, bringing this to life and embedding it throughout the organisation
9. Lead on high-quality market intelligence gathering (from analysis of local needs to consumer segmentation, location profiling, trend monitoring and competitor activity analysis), to inform consumer engagement strategies that promote the brand story and generate greater support
10. Assist in the development and implementation of all aspects of brand and marketing best practice
THINGS WE ALL DO
• Promote Blood Cancer UK’s vision, mission and core values
• Attend and assist at Blood Cancer UK events and activities as required (NB this involves evening and weekend work)
• Be an effective ambassador for Blood Cancer UK at any activity you attend
• Develop an in-depth understanding of our work
• Follow the principles of LEAN
• All staff are expected to adhere to Blood Cancer UK s policies and procedures
• Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong experience of strategic multi-channel brand marketing with proven track record of achieving or exceeding brand KPIs
- Proven experience of successful campaign planning, delivery and impact
- Successful track-record in a marketing position, responsible for brand activation across multiple communication channels
- Budget management and reporting
- Good communication skills – written and oral – including the proven ability to work successfully at all levels
- Experience of using insight to develop successful marketing activities, along with using data to monitor and maximise performance
- Experience of working with and managing the work of agencies
- Collaborative approach, seeking input and sharing information within and across Marketing, Communications and Digital, as well as the wider organisation
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues to foster team spirit, commitment to projects and achievement of shared goals
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and the aims and values of Blood Cancer UK