We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
About the role
Salary band depending on experience;
UK - £64,000 - £74,000
EU - €44,000 - €52,000
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Payroll Administrator to join the Finance team. The successful candidate will be the primary contact with the Payroll bureaus to make sure that systems and controls in place ensure that all employees receive accurate and timely payments monthly. You will also be working closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all payroll administration related matters assisting with any other financial matters, as necessary and participating in on-going system improvements.
The Senior Payroll Administrator will sit within out Finance chapter and report directly to the Finance Manager.
- Ensure timely and accurate calculation and processing of monthly payroll for all employees in all 4 jurisdictions the Group has presence in and assist in the documentation of processes related to payroll and any changes therein
- Collaborate with the People Team on employee changes affecting pay and benefits, ensuring changes are compliant and processed accurately in conjunction with the Company's policy and applicable laws
- Ensure benefits, pensions, income tax, and other adjustments are accurately reflected and computed.
- Ensuring data integrity for new hires, terminations, promotions, changes in pay rates, etc.
- Reviewing payroll computations for accuracy based on the different jurisdictions in which employees are located.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner to ensure payments are received by the pay date except for late adjustments received after the pay date.
- Ensuring all payroll related figures are reported accordingly to the correct and most recent department/site allocation.
- Check any payroll adjustments and ensure the books are updated accordingly.
- Assist with monthly and yearly payroll related reconciliations.
- Working with payroll bureaus to ensure bank balances for payroll and/or direct debits are sufficient while ensuring that third party payments including payments to tax authorities and pension company, are timely and accurate.
- Liaising with tax authorities ensuring timely submission of returns in each country, as well as responding to any tax queries.
- Liaising with auditors and tax specialists on payroll related questions/matters
- Assessing, implementing, and maintaining internal controls around the payroll process.
- Support the finance department with other tasks assigned as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in a similar role with excellent payroll expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or related field
- Proficient in using Excel to convey information efficiently and effectively
- Experience with HRIS software and payroll platforms
- Very good understanding of income taxes, benefits and pensions
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information in a discrete manner
- Able to work with tight deadlines
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organised
- Experience of payroll in multiple European countries considered a plus
- Previous experience with D365 is considered a plus
We love all people, from all walks of life. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blexr provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blexr is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blexr
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Spain and Malta
What employees are saying
It's amazing to be a Blexarian, I have flexibility, autonomy, full trust and I always feel valued and appreciated