Remote-first - With Co-Working Spaces
A little flex time
We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
About the role
The effectiveness and impact of our systems and products at Blexr starts with Architecture. It starts with understanding the needs of people across various roles, from our customers to our content editors, to our finance team. It starts with operating in a collaborative fashion, communicating effectively, leading by example and bringing everyone with you. It’s about designing for a future we can evolve to, while ensuring we unlock early value.
Within this role you’ll bring your deep understanding of effective solution architecture, preferably with a substantial background in publishing or content marketing environments. You’ll also have a reasonable understanding of Enterprise Architecture and be able to ensure that your designs appropriately align to the needs of the organisation, and where necessary evolve our overall approach in this area. You’ll be a people person, with excellent collaboration skills, comfortable leading conversations in a thoughtful, curious but pragmatic manner. You’ll have an understanding of modern Architectural frameworks, and ultimately be able to apply them in lean fashion. Your experience will range up and down the stack, with your architectural approach able to inform decisions at Infrastructure, Operations, Security and Engineering (including Front End) levels.
Blexr is going through a tremendous amount of change and this role is an exciting opportunity to work across greenfield and brownfield opportunities, establish the architecture for our key publishing platforms, help to recognise Blexr’s vision and create the conditions for long term growth and success. And have some fun along the way.
- Provide Architectural Leadership across our product roadmap - including owning and defining the end-to-end solutions for our new products, while recommending transformative changes for others.
- Operate across the entire stack - from Infrastructure, Operational characteristics, CMS and Front End.
- Define key architectural patterns, standards and system processes through a collaborative process with technical, design, content and business teams on the ground
- Undertake evaluations to find best-in-class products or components that will fit into Blexr’s overarching Customer and Enterprise Technology strategies
- Be a champion for the pragmatic application best practices and modern approaches (think Automation, Serverless, etc)
- Apply practices such as Security by design and Privacy by design, ensuring adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements are addressed in your solutions
- Drive a highly collaborative, fluid and inclusive technical community that sees Architecture as a partner and guide
- Several years of experience as a Solution Architect - with much of that experience being in the development of content driven websites, where global performance, SEO, ease of use, reusability and monitoring have been key to the overall success of the platform
- Demonstrated experience working across a broad spectrum of different technologies, platforms and approaches, with a clear understanding of modern architectural approaches and how best to apply these.
- Be a self starter who is able to own their problem space and drive it through to strong, customer focused outcomes
- Strong communicator, able to simplify difficult concepts for non-technical audiences through a variety of techniques
- Comfortable working in smaller environments that are on a journey of fast paced maturity and growth
- Experience with Analytics platforms and maximising the insights available for business users
- Experience architecting for performance, resilience and global availability
- Experience with a range of AWS services, with a clear understanding as to how they can be applied within an overall solution architecture
- Be able to work with a variety of stakeholders across Finance, Marketing, Content, C-Suite and Technology.
- Strong background in designing content led solutions for publishing or content marketing
- Experience enabling, growing and contributing to data driven environments through the platforms you design
- Experience designing solutions for Affiliate or Referral Marketing organisations
- Experience with frameworks such as TOGAF and notation such as C4 would be advantageous
We love all people, from all areas of society. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr