Remote-first - With Co-Working Spaces
A little flex time
We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
About the role
You are an evangelist in user behaviour and an experienced open-minded leader who will elevate the research practice across Blexr.
You will be responsible for leading a team of UX researchers on qualitative and quantitative research practices across our product portfolio while also conducting independent research that will inform exceptional user experience design and development. You will establish high-quality standards and processes for your team, shape the future of the research practice, and be the ultimate advocate and evangelist for human insight in Blexr.
At Blexr, we believe that user research is a team effort and therefore collaboration and communication will be the heart of your work. You'll work on bringing people together, growing your influence to facilitate user-centred decision making that supports our company's and product strategies.
- Manage, mentor, inspire, and develop a talented team of UX Researchers on their own projects, from initial definitions to the delivery of compelling insights and actionable recommendations.
- Evolve the research practice, establishing new processes and best practices that can scale as the team grows to maximise efficiency and their impact on the business.
- Help your direct reports to prioritise their research activities ensuring high-quality deliverables that uncover the most relevant user insights to inform product decisions in a timely manner.
- Support the planning, facilitation, analysis, and synthesis of various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including remote moderated and unmoderated usability testing, ethnographic studies, diary studies, persona creation, customer journey, card and tree sorting, competitive evaluations, A/B test, and UX Benchmark.
- Drive the synthesis of qualitative and quantitative data from different sources, their thorough analysis and insightful reporting that will inform exceptional user experience design and product development.
- Work with product teams and other areas across the company to gather user data sources, align insights, and identify new research opportunities.
- Balance business priorities and user needs. Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Communicate with stakeholders appropriately and demonstrate solid negotiation and mediation skills.
- Identify and introduce new research methodologies and tools as appropriate.
- Be the owner of our current repository of user insights, contributing to the maintenance of a centralised and up-to-date database of user insights.
- Lead the creation of centralised research documentation, guidelines and various resources for the benefit of the company.
- Champion a user-centred culture across Blexr helping teams take a more evidence-based approach to product development by educating and evangelising the benefits of research, conducting workshops, and presenting key research insights in a convincing manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a UX Researcher working on digital products.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing other UX Researchers
- Degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field.
- Experience directly managing across different research methodologies
- Have solid experience with qualitative research methods: remote moderated and unmoderated usability testing, ethnographic studies, diary studies, persona creation, customer journey, card and tree sorting, competitive evaluations, and similar approaches.
- Have solid experience with quantitative research methods, comfortable with conducting UX Benchmark and A/B tests, and can synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- Experience with remote moderated and unmoderated UX research tools, such as Usertesting.com, UserZoom.com, trymyUI.com, or other similar.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Fluently communicate in English.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate research results and relevant insights in a clear, compelling way to stakeholders across the business.
- Work experience within Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Agile Methodologies
- Team player with a positive attitude and sense of humour.
- Self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional manner.
We love all people, from all areas of society. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr