We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
About the Role
Blexr is looking for a General Counsel to join our journey. As the first hire in this area, you will be the pioneer of a new function in our story. We are looking for an experienced legal professional in the iGaming industry eager to take on a new role with a broad scope, covering various compliance and legal topics, including compliance, regulation, data, security, law labour, commercial contracts and tax. You will be reporting to the CFO and a key stakeholder in the management team, particularly in our strategic planning. In Blexr, we strive for an environment of autonomy and empowerment. The successful candidate will need to thrive in this environment as the first hire in the area. You will need to be hands-on and create what is needed to support our growth.
- Oversee all the company’s legal, regulatory, data and compliance matters internally and externally across multiple jurisdictions.
- Create and execute a risk management strategy and roadmap for the business through influencing senior management and teams.
- Provide counsel in all M&A activities, including NDAs, negotiating deal structures, non competes etc…
- Be a trusty partner to internal product tribes and commercial teams daily.
- Oversee affiliate license applications
- Negotiating and optimising for scale on commercial and vendor agreements.
- Be the point of contact for all external specialist legal counsel.
- You have a legal qualification and 2-3 years of PQE
- Have iGaming experience
- Are senior enough to cover the broad role and still be motivated to be an individual contributor, i.e. the first person in the team to set things up from scratch.
- Comfortable working in a matrix structured tech company, fast environment.
- Are detail orientated, pragmatic and understand nuances of business context.
- Able to influence and advise company strategy and teams.
- Self-motivated and autonomous working style
We love all people, from all areas of society. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr