1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role:
We’re looking for a Staff Data Engineer to help us design, build and maintain our data platform. You will be joining our Data Science team who are responsible for the core technologies, infrastructure and tooling in data to ensure Attest makes better, faster more data driven decisions.
Your focus will be to...
- work closely with Product and Data Science teams to identify opportunities, use their expertise and manage expectations
- lead the data engineering team by example and evangelise good data practices across Attest
- grow and mature our existing data analytics platform and data products
- take potentially complex or ambiguous opportunities and work with other disciplines (product, research, engineering, marketing, customer success) to turn them into problems you can solve iteratively with your team
- maintain the analytics infrastructure, so Attest can make data-informed decisions
- build tooling to help the ML model development life-cycle
- architect infrastructure to manage data assets, models, and code
- design and implement ETL pipelines to ingest and process data from various sources
We’d love to hear from you if you have...
- Led or managed data engineering teams
- Experience in software engineering in any modern language (preferably in Python)
- Enthusiasm for IaC and DevOps
- Architected, maintained, and owned infrastructure for data processing and/or reporting (dbt, Looker, Snowplow etc)
- Understanding of ML model development process and practises
- Experience in shaping the software development lifecycle (Git, CI/CD, Docker)
Nice to haves…
- Infrastructure as Code and Cloud Infrastructure knowledge (AWS, Terraform or similar)
- Knowledge of building data products
- Experience with Unix-like systems
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with MLOps tools and methodologies
- Data pipelining knowledge (Airflow, Dagster, or similar)
- Java and Go knowledge
Pay & Benefits:
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A generous career growth and development budget of £500 a year to support your learning
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - focusing on your growth, giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact