1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role
We're redefining how companies do market research. Market research methods are stuck in the past, and haven't changed since the 60s. To fix this, we're building high quality web applications that will underpin all the consumer insights we give to our customers. You'll be collaborating on and solving some of our hardest tech, data, and architecture problems to help our customers get real value from our product. You'll be building high quality, high performing, reliable and scalable applications meeting modern web standards.
You'll be working in a cross-functional product squad, with Product, Design and Data Science on a modern tech stack, built with: TypeScript, Component UIs, State Management, Functional Paradigms and more. Our cross-functional teams collaborate with stakeholders across the business to help deliver value to our customers. Each team is responsible for making their own decisions, and shipping their own features.
Our engineers are working on a product vision that will take our business to the next level, including:
- Expanding how we find out what consumers think, by expanding the audience our customers can reach.
- Integrating ML models into our results analysis, to help our customers see their insights faster.
- Automatically ensuring the highest data quality by detecting fraud, and improving consistency and reliability in our data.
- Re-modelling how we ask questions to 110 million consumers, to make it faster and easier for our customers.
Alongside working within your product squad, you'll play an active part in our frontend chapter. You'll collaborate with the other frontend engineers across the squads to improve how we work, maintain and raise code standards, pair with your colleagues, review and contribute to written proposals, take part in communal learning sessions like mob code review or tech talks, and mentor others. You'll be working in a no-blame culture that not just allows you to — but expects you to — make mistakes and learn from them.
Technical and career mentorship is a key part of the teams you'll be working in. We have a large growth and development budget, and are always on the lookout for opportunities for Attesters to learn, grow, or take on a new challenge.
Your focus will be to...
- Work within a squad collaborating with the whole team to identify and create best-in-class products.
- Design and implement highly efficient architecture that accommodates data at scale.
- Build high quality applications that delight and engage our users adhering to modern web standards.
- Build the next-generation of Attest front-end architecture, to support our next chapter of company growth.
- Explore innovative ways to solve problems, and become an expert in complex domains.
- Deliver features regularly, be comfortable with ambiguity, and push for code quality while balancing pace vs perfection.
- Participate in squad rituals; planning, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Play an active part in our frontend chapter.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have a strong understanding of standards and APIs for ECMAScript, HTML and CSS, Accessibility, Security, Protocols, Internationalisation, Audio and Video, Graphics, Privacy and more.
- You have experience developing web applications with frameworks/libraries such as: Vue, React, Angular, Polymer etc.
- You have experience with building and maintaining modern frontend architectures; Micro-frontends, Isomorphic/SPA based applications, Component UIs.
- You have experience working with modern development tools; Vite, Webpack, Jest, Percy, Storybook, Cypress, Prettier, ESlint etc.
- You have experience with CSS preprocessors or postprocessors.
- You have expertise in developing, testing & debugging complex systems.
- You have experience with data visualisation.
- You enjoy working with modern CI/CD pipelines and tools to ship changes safely, often and incrementally.
- You are a team player: collaborative, self-motivated, creative, entrepreneurial & thoughtful style.
- You enjoy solving complex data & architecture problems efficiently.
- You are a confident and thoughtful communicator, both verbally and in writing, able to adapt your style to different audiences and in different contexts.
- You are curious and possess rigour in your way of thinking, using data and your experience to make informed and balanced decisions.
- You like to contribute towards a culture of improvement and learning - continually learning, and also passing on your experiences on to others.
We care deeply about building a place where engineers love to work. You can read more about our approach in our Engineering Handbook and our R&D blog.
Pay & benefits
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) or 23 days (US) paid holiday per year. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A generous career growth and development budget of £500 a year to support your learning
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - focusing on your growth, giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- Enhanced parental leave and pay, above and beyond the UK statutory minimum
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed
In-person and remote working balance ...
We are a flexible employer and continue to work with the team on the ground to navigate our way through the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic together.
As a company, we aren’t a fully remote company and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working/working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as in work.
With that in mind, we have a permanent office location at 25 Holywell Row, London, EC2A 4XE where our team spend time together on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but expect folks to spend time with the team in the office on average 2 days per week.