Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role
Working as part of the Sales leadership team and reporting initially into the VP Sales, EMEA, the Sales Manager will have responsibility for the coaching, performance management and sales results of a team of Account Executives in EMEA.
Leading by example, you will use your experience to set high standards, instil best practices and motivate a team of 3-4 Account Executives towards delivery (and over-delivery) of team quota.
Combining people management and quota responsibility, you will be the custodian of your team’s high-performance culture. The right candidate will proactively provide advice and hands-on support in sales processes as well as regular structured feedback to up-skill the team.
You will use your experience to proactively identify opportunities to influence outcomes and role-model self-awareness, empathy and clear, constructive communication as you do so - both within and on behalf of your team and the company.
You will coach with an eye on accurate forecasting and consistent, predictable over-achievement of quota and co-own the hiring process to hand-pick the best and brightest talent to join us as we scale.
Your focus will be to …
- Lead by example to deliver and exceed your personal quota.
- Coach and manage your team of Account Executives to exceed their quotas.
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to improve processes, methodologies and communication to increase deal count, increase contract value, reduce lead time and share learnings.
- Work collaboratively with the Directors of Business Development and New Business to identify and capitalise on opportunities for new customer acquisition as we grow our Rest of World presence and explore the targeting of both larger organisations and new markets.
- Work in partnership with Sales Enablement to inform sales training for maximum impact throughout your team.
- Leverage data and our comprehensive tech-stack to coach intelligent deal management, high-impact sales behaviours and accurate, consistent and dependable forecasting.
- Provide individual and team sales coaching and mentoring to inform and support their professional growth and development.
- Hire and retain exceptional, diverse talent into Attest’s EMEA team and be responsible for creating and maintaining a culture of belonging and inclusion.
- Work collaboratively with other Sales Managers to share learnings/best-practice to improve processes and increase revenues.
- Forge strong relationships on behalf of the AE team with the BD team, our colleagues in the US and the wider business.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have demonstrable experience of high performance in a senior SaaS sales role in EMEA and are looking to use or already using your experience and expertise to improve a broader group of AEs'.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience selling SaaS and/or Enterprise software within a high growth company.
- You have played a role in hiring sales people, have a passion for managing others and a talent for driving collective performance.
- You are curious, driven to make the complex simple and solve problems.
- You are ambitious and commercially minded, but able to balance that with self-awareness, openness and empathy.
- You are an excellent communicator - both verbal and written, with the executive presence to communicate at C-Level and the empathy, emotional intelligence and range to inspire diverse teams towards lofty goals, together.
How we’ll track and reward high performance…
The Attest sales organisation holds itself to the highest standards - we expect high-performance and reward overachievement.
- The Sales Manager will carry a quota equivalent to 50% of a senior AE quota.
- The minimum expectation of 50% of team sales quota attainment is required to unlock commission payments.
- Sales Managers have the opportunity to overachieve their own quota to influence the team outcome. A bonus is paid at 100% of team quota.
- Earning opportunities significantly above OTE are available for 150% of team quota.
In-person and remote working balance ...
We are a flexible employer and continue to work with the team on the ground to navigate our way through the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic together.
As a company, we aren’t a fully remote company and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that this approach is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working / working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as within work.
With that in mind, our sales organisation works out of the company’s headquarters at 25 Holywell Row, Shoreditch, London, alongside all other departments in the business on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but expect everyone to spend time with the team in this office on average 3 days per week.
We've hired the majority of our EMEA team within and around London and continue to hire with that location focus, so would ideally be looking for someone who is based nearby or for whom it is easy (and safe!) to travel to that office location weekly to meet with the team. In future, the role will be more in-person with the team than remote, as and when the pandemic situation evolves and permits.
We are very open to speaking to anyone from any location, and would happily support a relocation budget for the right candidate.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Attest provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Attest is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Attest
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, New York, USA
What employees are saying
"I enjoy working at Attest as I feel I am in control of my working life and can make decisions autonomously about when and how I work without being questioned. Everyone has a strong work ethic and as long as the work is done and to a high standard, how and when it was done is not an issue. After going fully remote, I appreciate that there is no pressure now on where I work and I can come into the office as much or as little as I like. Growth and development is discussed regularly and openly which I really like."
Anonymous Attest Employee