1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
Reports to: People Lead
Pay band: £40,000-£48,000 depending on experience and aptitude
Role type: Hybrid (blend of remote and in-person/in-office)
The mission for this role:
This role will support the People Lead in continuously improving the ways in which Attest is able to support, develop and manage its people. You will be responsible for ensuring that all employees have a seamless onboarding experience, and you’ll provide support across people processes at all points of the employee lifecycle, ensuring an exceptional employee experience throughout.
You’ll be looking to continuously improve how the People team interacts with and supports the business. You will understand that having robust yet agile frameworks for People and People Operations ultimately drives the overall happiness of Attesters, and with it, the success of the business.
This role is broad and varied and offers a great opportunity to build HR knowledge and experience in a fast paced, exciting environment.
Your focus will be to…
- Manage, expand and evolve Attest’s already fantastic onboarding programme. You will be responsible for managing and carrying out the onboarding set-up for all new starters across our UK and US teams, as well as improving and evolving the systems, tools, and ways in which you orchestrate that onboarding to optimise for scale and employee experience.
- This includes:
- Ensuring all new joiner details are loaded into BambooHR well ahead of them joining, and ensuring all documentation (signed contract, offer letter, new starter checklist / P45, right to work documentation etc) is stored consistently and correctly in their personal records.
- Being the primary point of communication and go-to person for all new starters from the day talent hands over a newly signed Attester to People team, and right up to their first day, building their sense of excitement, helping them feel familiar and comfortable, and sending them all of the required onboarding information so they hit the ground running with a sense of confidence. You will be the person that keeps on top of ensuring our incoming Attesters feel cared for long before they ever join.
- Supporting the new joiner to select their equipment ahead of their start date, and giving advice on the available set-up and options that works best for them within the range of things available to choose from. Keeping track of who has what and where at all times.
- Getting the new joiner set up on all relevant systems and platforms, and sharing details of what they’ve got access to, what it’s for, how to use it and how to access it so they can perform their best work without worrying about basic logistics.
- Scheduling all their week 1 induction sessions, and follow-up sessions that set them up for success (e.g. mid-probation check-ins, probation calendar timings and similar success milestones).
- Conducting right to work checks on the employee’s first day, working closely with your People Lead to ensure we’re always following correct procedure, and keeping up to date with legal requirements and record keeping.
- Manage the mid-probation and probation review process, facilitated via our performance management platform.
- Manage the offboarding process to ensure a smooth experience for departing employees. This includes;
- Being the person to respond with care and thoughtfulness to email resignations, to kick off the process of offboarding i.e. acknowledging notice, confirming termination date, untaken annual leave and next steps in writing. Organising and ensuring the return of any equipment.
- Orchestrating and overseeing the removal of access from systems and platforms through clear requests and flow of information to administrators of those systems across the business.
- Ensuring exit surveys are completed in a consistent format, and conduct follow up face to face exit interviews; feeding back key information, themes and trends to the People Lead who in turn will work with you to compile a cadence of reports for the leadership and executive teams to take learnings and actions from.
- Act as first point of contact for general People queries, acting as a trusted advisor to managers and employees across the business, escalating to the People Lead where necessary.
- Look after Ad hoc HR administrative tasks (such as report requests and drafting letters and templates).
- Work with the People Lead in the drafting and formation of People policies and handbooks, ensuring these are kept up to date and reflect any changes to internal circumstances or external changes such as employment law updates.
- Be responsible for ensuring all People related systems and information is kept up to date at all times (e.g. BambooHR records, the org chart and other People related artefacts).
- Provide support on employee relations matters, ensuring that managers are supported across team-level change and with individual challenges, escalating where required to the People lead on more complex cases.
- Partner closely with the Central Operations teams on cross-functional projects and programmes that support our people.
- Support the People Lead with our Career Growth programmes, identifying opportunities for improvements and enhancing the overall impact of our bi-annual review cycle.
We’d love to hear from you if..
- You have at least 2-3 years’ prior experience working as an HR / People Advisor or HR generalist in a small or lean People team. Although working in SaaS and/or a start-up/scale-up is not a ‘must have’ by any means, we’d particularly love to hear from people with experience of working in a similarly fast-paced environment, and who enjoyed working in that operating environment.
- You are highly tech-literate and a digital native. You are confident in using a variety of software applications and platforms, and pick new technology up with ease.
- You are well-informed and have a high degree of intellectual and personal interest in identifying and addressing challenges relating to inclusion and belonging
- You are an active listener, and you have a track record of really sweating the detail
- You have some experience of working with reporting and data to make data-informed decisions and track metrics using the tools available to you (a baseline understanding is all we’re interested in; we can teach the rest!).
Pay & Benefits:
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A generous career growth and development budget of £500 a year to support your learning
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - focusing on your growth, giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed
In-person and remote working balance ...
We are a flexible employer and continue to work with the team on the ground to navigate our way through the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic together.
As a company, we aren’t a fully remote company and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working/working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as in work.
With that in mind, we have a permanent office location at 25 Holywell Row, London EC2A 4XE, London, where our team spend time together on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but do ask folks to spend meaningful time with the team in the office on a weekly basis. For most people, that works out around 3 days per week on average (some weeks it’s 1-2 days - sometimes it’s 5 days… so we really do mean average, to suit yours and the team’s individual needs).