A little flex time
Amplience dramatically simplifies how clients plan, create, manage, and deliver content. With a modern API-first approach, the Amplience solution can unleash the creativity and productivity of content and technology teams. Amplience serves more than 200 of the world’s leading retailers including Otto.de, Crate and Barrel, Boohoo, Mulberry, Shop Direct, and TUMI.
We move at a fast pace, have interesting problems to solve and are teeming with talented people committed to creating the best solutions for our customers. We recognise that employee success is core to customer success and are therefore committed to providing a culture of support and autonomy for our team in order to achieve this.
- Extract testable scenarios from user stories or other forms of documentation.
- Create new test plans with extracted scenarios, highlighting areas of coverage, risk and confidence.
- Feedback those metrics to stakeholders.
- Ensure tests are executed and results recorded.
- Analyses of results of execution raising defects with documented steps to recreate and suggestions of corrective actions.
- Review other members of the team’s findings, rejecting or improving their findings as needed.
- Communicate blocking issues with development leads, and work on resolution of issues.
- Plan timeline of release for stakeholders and summarize bug allocations.
- Liaise with stakeholders over non-functional requirements, such as performance metrics and expected peak capacity.
- Discuss with operations risk areas for integration and system impact.
- Keep up to date with best practice in the field around tooling and methodology.
- Exploratory testing, gap analysis.
- Be the domain experts for usability and roadmap of the product.
- Give feedback to stakeholders on potential pitfalls around design decisions.
- Design and implement automated tests where necessary.
- Keep up to date with new and emerging technologies and methodologies.
- Take responsibility for maintaining tests, their correctness and coverage, as well as speed of execution and stopping duplication or unnecessary tests being added.
- Discuss unit tests with developers and highlight areas of concern that should have coverage.
- Knowledge share technical details to QA, business and support.
- Have a QA voice present in stand up or planning meetings as needed
- Attend and drive go-no go meetings on code pushes to live.
- Be available for release window deployments or have a member of the team available.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience in a QA engineer role for a web, or shrink wrap software project
- Agile methodology, Scrum or Kanban and software development cycle
- Technical experience with any of the following is a bonus:
- Bug tracking software e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, Redmine
- Agile methodology and software development cycle
- Digital assets and file format
- APIs level, JSON / XML request, response, http response codes, headers
- Load testing of applications
- Linux / windows / cloud (AWS) system admin
- Good written skills and communication within other members of the dev team
- Can work without micromanagement or external supervision, in a milestone delivery environment
- Analytics approach to ‘what it’ questions
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans