A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Facilities and Health & Safety Manager within a growing software business headquartered in London, with offices in Middlesbrough, Manchester and the USA. This will be a hybrid role with regular travel to all the offices, but will be predominately based in the London HQ.
The role will be to act as the focal point for the office environments and create a culture in the offices that brings people in and feels engaging, collaborative, supportive, welcoming and a fun place to be a part of.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the existing office infrastructure and expanding this in-line with growth. The company has ambitious headcount plans, whilst also wishing to develop a flexible and engaging culture with a strong work/life balance.
The HQ in London is due to be refreshed to adapt to newer working patterns following the pandemic and the negotiation requirements of other office space to fit with hybrid work patterns of the team. The Facilities and Health & Safety Manager will take ownership and be responsible for these developments.
The Facilities and Health & Safety Manager will take ownership of H&S inductions for all staff and responsible for updating all parts of the business to relevant changes in law and regulations in all operating regions. Completion of risk assessments and the relevant actions in a timely manner, making sure that the organisation operates safely.
To be considered for this position you will have worked in a fast paced and dynamic work-place in a similar role and you will be a confident person with hands-on experience in facilities and Health & Safety management.
Facilities ManagementTo be the focal point for the office and the go to person to ensure the facilities are running smoothly and meeting the needs of the employees
- Enhancements of the office space to ensure an appealing work environment
- Layout and space planning with the team and designers as required – furniture, fittings, decoration
- Managing contractors across the property portfolio including but not limited to Access, security and alarm systems
- Manage hard and soft FM services
- Working with internal IT on equipment requirements
- Supporting office set ups and moves where required
- Ensuring that all legal compliance actions are completed in line with Risk Assessments
- Manage budget for hard and soft FM and H&S
Office ManagementTo be the focal point for the office and the go to person to ensure the offices are running smoothly and meeting the needs of the employees
- Ensuring a professional, friendly and welcoming first impression of Amplience at all locations
- Ensuring that post, internal communications, visitors, employees can access the offices as required
- Catering arrangements
- To be the social contact helping to organize events, gatherings, technical meet-ups, etc.
- Liaise with accounts team for supplies and ordering – including but not limited to catering and office supplies
Health and SafetyTo take responsibility for identifying and maintaining the high level of H&S compliance. Maintain these key relationships so as to achieve the following:
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the leadership team
- Ensure that all assessments as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed
- Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve health & safety standards
- Assisting with the creation and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace
- Managing emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills) and organising emergency teams such as fire marshals and first aiders
- Offering general H&S advice to all employees
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience
What We Are Looking For
- Previous Facilities Management experience, ideally holding MIWFM membership or similar
- Hold NeBOSH general certificate as a minimum H&S qualification, not essential but some knowledge of international H&S regulation would be beneficial
- Strong stakeholder management experience at various levels across the business
- Exceptional organisational skills and be able to multi-task
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- The ability to always remain calm and professional
- A strong work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude
- Passionate about working in a fast paced, continually expanding environment
So what's in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody's individual needs.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Study leave
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Amplience provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Amplience is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Amplience
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, Manchester, UK
What employees are saying
"I think Agmplience has a great flexible working policy - it feels like we're measured on what we deliver, rather than how many hours, or which hours we work."
Anonymous Amplience Employee