A little flex time
About now you’d expect us to tell you what Amplience does. Well, we don’t do the expected. Instead, we want to tell you about what we believe in – freedom. Freedom is everything Amplience stands for. That’s why, if you want to work with us (we’d be honoured) you’d better be okay with working your own way.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, what we do is help create the future of customer experience.
Amplience powers digital-first, commerce brands and retailers with the freedom to do more. Our headless CMS, DAM and Digital Experience Management platform allows the world's leading brand teams to manage content, not code, including GAP, GameStop, Ulta, Hobby Lobby, Crate & Barrel, Traeger, and more.
These brands are leading a momentous shift towards headless/composable eCommerce and content architecture given the strategic benefits it delivers for them. The market is primed for wide-spread adoption of this technology over the next few years and the tailwinds are building. Amplience is out in front enabling these companies to reinvent the way they create new, innovative digital experiences for faster performance, higher engagement, and increased sales. Are you in?
What to Expect
The Digital Project Manager & Scrum Master role is a full-time role. The main responsibilities will be to oversee the development of various solutions from the inception stage, release and maintenance. Collaborate with stakeholders on the scope of projects, lead internal and external teams in the development of those solutions, and prepare project status reports.
What You’ll Do & Core Responsibilities
- Provides end-to-end project management for solution development
- Ability to write stories, manage sprints, and resourcing for development
- Scopes project requirements and prepares any budget needs
- Develops a detailed project plan inputting tasks in JIRA for project team and monitors progress, addressing any bottlenecks that occur
- Hosts daily stand-ups with software developers & stakeholders
- Collaborates with internal teams to design, develop and implement digital projects
- Deliver projects on time ensuring quality standards are met
- Develop support documentation including risk logs and requirement specifications
- Informs quarterly Roadmap working with VP Solutions & Leadership to agree and align priorities
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks
- Highlights potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues
- Seek opportunities for improvement and suggests new projects
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
What We Are Looking For
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models
- In-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Expert in Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- At least 3 + years of experience managing projects in a digital / development team setting
- Experience of working with remote teams in multiple time zones
- Understanding source control platforms (Github, Bitbucket), versions & release
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Knowledge of ecosystem (CMS, eCommerce, Development, Headless, MACH)
- Organised, highly detail orientated, methodical and meticulous.
- Excellent communication skills; delivering concise, accurate deadline-driven information.
- Able to understand people and know instinctively when to push and when to let things simmer in order to keep departments on track and maintain the status quo.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritise work and consistently meet deadlines
- Reliable and dependable, able to prioritise and focus the team.
- Charismatic, authoritative, and persuasive; people-centric who can quickly establish trust in others and bring that magic 'feel-good-factor'.
- Has a strong awareness and understanding of working with development teams, project management, workload balance, delivery and the strategic approach that underpins all of this.
- Strong knowledge of the competitive landscape and the broader future of the industry
- An ability to know where to go next; what tools and concepts to apply to keep us ahead of the game.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence in those around you
- Problem solving, logical thinker with meticulous attention to detail
- Have a passion for the web and digital technologies.
- Communication: Outlook, Slack, Zoom + Teams / Google Meets with external vendors
- Project: JIRA, Confluence
- Source Control: Github
- Visual: Figma
- Presentations: Powerpoint, Pitch
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans