1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Staff Product Engineer (C# Desktop) at Accurx
We are looking for Staff Product Engineer (C# Desktop) to join us and help shape the future of our product.
Working closely with our CTO and VP of Engineering, aligned with Product Teams and Guilds, you will be relied upon as one of our greatest technical experts. As a Staff Engineer, you’ll scale and innovate our Desktop product, as well as have the opportunity to build brand new solutions. You’ll be a technical coach and mentor to engineers to help us grow our engineering talent at Accurx.
You’ll be part of an incredibly talented team of people, all motivated by the same mission: to change lives by fixing the world-wide problem that is communication in healthcare. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, 98% of GP practices rely on us to communicate with their patients.
We currently work with Kubernetes, C# (.net core), WPF, SQL, React, ES6, TypeScript and Redux (check out our full tech stack here). However, we are constantly learning, iterating and improving.
What’s unique about engineering at accuRx?
Every day you’ll be applying the “product engineer” mindset.
This means being close to users and their needs (e.g. getting involved in user research by joining sessions with patients and their healthcare teams), helping decide what we build (e.g. collaborating on design and specifications), building with a focus on the end goal and being responsible for continuous improvement to the live services you have shipped.
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You champion best practice in Windows app development, preferably in WPF, using MVVM
- You have solid experience in C#, XAML, the WPF / .NET threading model, and Rx.NET
- You’ve ideally had exposure to the WiX installer toolset, SignalR / WebSockets, Sentry & AppInsights
- You have proven, consistent success as an experienced engineer role, in which you have mentored other engineers
- You have led projects that have driven significant impact (this could be with a product or engineering focus)
- You’re able to self-organise, generate roadmaps, and prioritise work to deliver maximum value in the quickest time
- You understand the fundamentals and nuances of product development
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £90,000 - £120,000 salary + the value of £80,000 share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.