At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
We stay close to our users with everyone visiting a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Senior Product Designer at accuRx
As a Product Designer at accuRx you get the opportunity, every day, to create experiences that improve the lives of patients, and the happiness of healthcare staff. It's a fulfilling role, one that's shaped by the close relationships you build with our users.
Why it's interesting joining the team today
- With amazing usage in primary care (~98% adoption) and closing a great series B funding round (£27.5m), we're in a really exciting position to innovate with our products. You'll have the opportunity to harness this momentum and make a significant contribution to what we do next.
- Now, more than ever, the health system needs support to provide effective care to patients. You can help solve this very real problem that impacts everyone.
- Whether through our in-house clinical leads, daily research calls, user support or regular site visits. We keep as close to our end-users as we can. You'll be practising genuine human-centred design day-to-day.
What it's like to design with us
Product Designers at accuRx work as embedded members of cross-functional teams. This means that for your team you are the Product Design expert. You have the autonomy, control and responsibility to provide anything and everything required from your field to help the team build what our users need.
Of course, you're not alone. You'll also be part of the Product Design and wider UX function who'll always be there to provide support, share learnings and celebrate your achievements.
What the team say ...
“Working as a Product Designer at accuRx made me question everything I’ve worked on before. The relationship with our users is so direct, transparent and caring, every day you can be certain what you work on has a real impact on the NHS. Everything here happens quickly, but everyone is incredibly helpful and supportive.” - Valentina - Product Designer
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You follow human-centred design methodologies
- You have over 5+ years of proven experience in a Product Design role
- You have demonstrable product design skills, such as:
- Helping to define research goals and interpret findings
- Running collaborative sessions around understanding, defining and ideating
- Effective prototyping – opting for the best tool for the job
- Exceptional craft in user interface design
- Confidence scoping design ideas with stakeholders of different disciplines
- You're willing to advocate for Product Design
- You're able to communicate and justify your design decisions
- You have experience contributing to a design system and embrace working in a modular way
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits
Our package includes:
- £60,000 - £75,000 (depending on the level you'll join) salary + meaningful share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our company handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Diversity & Inclusion
accuRx is committed to being an inclusive employer and, as part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.