1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Security Operations Engineer at Accurx
This is a fantastic opportunity as you will be the first dedicated security engineer within the team. We expect the team to grow as we grow, and it will initially be your responsibility to work with our CISO to continue building on our current security practices to enable the operations of a successful and high performing function. At Accurx we believe in security by design, all accuFolk are secure first as part of our culture. You will help drive this culture forward through the continuous design and implementation of technical security controls across the business. You will do this by working with our product engineering, DevOps and IT operations teams to ensure the highest standards of security around patient data!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Researching, designing and developing methods of applying automated controls against known and common security attack patterns;
- Owning the management of the organisation’s SIEM and security monitoring program;
- Researching and applying methodologies that will further intelligently enhance security events coming from various sources;
- Building procedures that enable the business to investigate and react to potential security incidents;
- Assisting teams with maintaining our application security posture;
- Supporting the organisation with the process of third party penetration testing ;
- Automating security manual work into intelligent and actionable processes;
- Supporting the rest of the security team with assessing 3rd party’s technical security controls when performing supplier due diligence;
- Working with our IT operations teams to ensure device security ;
- Identifying systems and applications that are missing security patches.
What the team say ...,
“It is such a privilege to work with a company that is having such a huge impact on healthcare! Being part of the security team at Accurx means you will form part of a core function that is working tirelessly to make sure our products and our data are secure, enabling our colleagues to focus on continuing to improve patient care!” Diane, CISO
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You have experience working in IT security engineering, Secure Development and/or Security Operations
- You have experience improving and defining information security processes
- You have experience coordinating security pentests
- You have strong scripting skills. Knowledge of Python 3 is a plus
- You have a good understanding of Incident Management and IT Operations processes
- You are able to effectively communicate with all levels of management and all stakeholders
- You have direct experience with anti-malware tools and SIEM technology
- You have good understanding of web application security weaknesses, including blind SQL injections
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £75,000 + £95,000 salary + the value of £50,750 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.