1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Product Operations Manager at Accurx...
Innovating in healthcare isn’t easy, and as Accurx continues to grow, we need more Product Operations Managers to help us take new products to market and scale them nationally.
It’s a hugely varied, project-based role. Your responsibilities will change & evolve depending on the lifecycle and needs of the product you’re working with. What does this mean for your day to day?
Product Operations Managers are crucial to launching new products. You will be the project manager, the comms coordinator, the integrations expert, the NHS Digital point of contact. Most importantly the Product Manager’s best friend through this vital stage.
After the launch you will be the person driving growth of the product. You will work in a cross functional team, running experiments, spending time on the front line with our users, developing onboarding materials and constantly gathering and acting on feedback to learn what works and what doesn’t to get people using the new product.! You’ll either scale the experiments that do work, or set up other teams to take them on, such as Implementation, User Support or Product.
Product Operations Managers have the broadest and most varied scope at Accurx. Alex has been setting up a Clinical Trial to prove the impact of a Behaviour Change product. Liv has been working in a Growth team, running experiments to drive adoption of Patient Triage to thousands of practices and users across England. Catherine is doing a national launch of our new Booking product to help support the Autumn Covid Booster Campaign.
What the team say ...
“As a Product Operations Manager, I frequently embed into different teams at Accurx to help tackle the most pressing business challenges. This is my favourite part of the role, as you can learn so much from the different teams, and can build incredibly strong working relationships with colleagues as you align behind a shared goal. I love working alongside such great people on products which genuinely make a difference in the healthcare space” - Liv, Product Operations Manager
“I’ve been embedded in one team for the last year building products to improve patient outcomes. As a Product Operations Manager, you have the opportunity to solve lots of different problems and work across all facets of building and shipping healthcare products. I love being part of the team day-to-day and working on its biggest challenges from the macro to the micro.” - Alex, Product Operations Manager
You can read more about what it's like to be a Product Operations Manager for Accurx here!
If you’ve solved difficult problems as part of a cross functional team you could be a great fit!
We'd really like to hear from you, if…
- You love solving difficult problems using data and evidence to inform your decisions. Ideally, you will have experience in creating visuals and analytics to track progress of metrics e.g. Excel, GSheets, Power BI, SQL
- You have project management skills, with a clear ability to prioritise competing responsibilities across multiple projects, while working fluidly with different stakeholders across the organisation
- You enjoy delving into topics to understand a new space, and support teams to make appropriate decisions by quickly becoming an expert and developing solutions
- You have a keen eye for detail, and pride yourself on producing high quality work without letting this interrupt you from iterating at pace
- You have a natural curiosity, enjoy developing new skills, and pushing outside of your comfort zone
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £50,000 - £60,000 salary + the value of £31,500 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.