1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Finance Ops Manager at Accurx
Every day at Accurx as a Finance Operations Manager you will be part of the team enabling Accurx to deliver as much to the health system as possible.
You'll be the 1st Finance Operations Manager at Accurx. You will be building on and improving our day-to-day operations needed to keep the business running. As a scale-up, things move fast so you can expect your responsibilities to constantly be changing based on the business needs. However, your core responsibilities are likely to include...
- You will help to design and improve financial processes that support the businesses growth as we continue to scale
- You will manage all day-to-day finance operations including the month end process, cash management, credit control, accounts payable, supplier relationship and payroll
- You will oversee our relationship with our auditors and tax accountants, ensuring the audit runs smoothly and we meet all internal and external reporting deadlines.
- You will work on ongoing finance transformation projects. This currently involves working with business operations team to build a scalable invoicing process for the launch of a new product.
What the team say...
"This is a really exciting opportunity to join a finance team at a fast paced scale-up, with an important mission to improve communication within healthcare which impacts the lives of millions of people! Every month at Accurx is different. As the 1st Finance Operations Manager at Accurx, this is a great opportunity to take on full ownership of the area.”
Sarah, Head of Finance
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
You are a recently qualified accountant from a top tier firm or with experience working in-house in a finance function.
- You're familiar with excel and enjoy working within a spreadsheet
- You are organised and able to balance multiple projects at once
- You're willing to get stuck in and do what it takes to make things happen
- You are analytical and able to see the big picture
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a scale-up throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £55,000 - £65,000 salary + the value of £31,500 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.