1–2 days per week at home
Core hours 10 - 4
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Data Privacy Specialist at Accurx
At Accurx, we're trusted to handle sensitive health data by nearly every GP practice in the country and hundreds of thousands of users every week. We've been used to contact 40 million patients so far. It's a huge privilege and everyone at Accurx has a responsibility to maintain that trust.
As the Data Privacy Specialist you will work with our CISO and our information risk team to support the company in keeping its promises to our users and their patients, keeping and growing that trust in new areas for years to come. You will work closely with our Product and Assurance teams, so you will need to have a genuine passion and understanding of how product teams work and how to support them in building compliant products. The role is broad and there will be elements of compliance as well as advisory/regulatory work.
- You will help build and drive a privacy strategy to keep Accurx at the cutting edge in terms of good privacy practices and facilitating secure data sharing.
- You will implement applicable privacy and data protection law requirements; conducting various assessments and GDPR activities such as data processing agreement reviews, privacy impact assessments, tool and supplier due diligence, as well as data mapping.
- You will work closely with the product, engineering and data teams to embed privacy by design into our products, making sure the organisation is complying to data protection laws like GDPR and PECR, or the NHS Information Governance standards. You will map, record and assess data protection risks and work with the wider stakeholder group to mitigate such risks.
- You will support our users by responding to individual rights requests.
- You'll be the face of our privacy work, owning key external relationships and providing thought leadership to the wider organisation on privacy issues.
At Accurx, we are about to embark on the next part of our journey. We are looking for inspirational and talented people to help lead the way and who care about our mission to improve healthcare communication. Privacy and trust are absolutely essential to that. There's no better opportunity to have an impact on privacy and trust in digital health than the most widely adopted communications platform in England, so apply today!
What the team says...
"There are no more interesting challenges for a data privacy specialist to take on. No industry is more sensitive and worried about data and sharing it than healthcare. And yet there's nowhere with greater need to embrace software that joins up communication. Lots of interesting knotty problems to tackle and a wonderful and a huge, engaged and growing user base to guide and support. Your work will have a huge impact." - Matt Honeyman, Policy Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You're passionate about tech ethics and the way public services and wider society can use data for good and protect privacy
- You have 3+ years experience of privacy, data protection and/or information governance work in either:
- the tech sector;
- healthcare or the NHS; or
- anywhere else that might be relevant.
- You have a significant understanding of the key privacy and information governance regulations that apply to Accurx and our users
- You have excellent relationship management and rapport building skills, particularly with external stakeholders and product teams
- You have completed one or more privacy and/or data protection-related certification programs (e.g. CIPP/E; CIPM etc.)
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £65,000-£85,000 salary + the value of £50,750 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.